The Witcher - Blog Updates @ Official Site

magerette

Hedgewitch
The official site for CDProjekt's RPG, The Witcher has posted links to their latest developer blogs. Here's the text:
This week a trio of developers have posted updates. Check them out below:

Kasia Kuczynska introduces the dashing design team. Ladies, no need to rush; there's plenty of designers to go around.

Daniel Sadowski talks about some of the unexpected challenges of game development... like having big holes in your office. That sounds dirtier than intended.

And finally, Piotr Chomiak details a few of the new animations you'll see in The Witcher Enhanced Edition. No longer shall Geralt stare blankly into the eyes of a damsel he's hoping to bed. He'll use hand gestures and all sorts of stuff sure to make the ladies swoon.
Stay tuned for more tasty updates as Spring descends on Warsaw and the team keeps chugging away on the Enhanced Edition and other uber-secret stuff.
More information.

There is a script error in the page-loads for me in Firefox on these blogs, but I was able to view them in IE, so you might try that if you have any trouble--or it could be on my end. :)

Last edited:
Well, I hope they will fix this little, silly amination trigger error that, if you enter the tavern, all the standing NPCs keep default position for couple of seconds before the animation kicks in....

I don't have any problems in Opera or Firefox so it might be on your side.

Well, I hope they will fix this little, silly amination trigger error that, if you enter the tavern, all the standing NPCs keep default position for couple of seconds before the animation kicks in....

Never noticed anything like that. Perhaps your rig is not quite up-to-date enough to handle the game? Extended loading times due to lack of RAM comes to my mind. Or perhaps a weaker VGA.

Same here. Never saw that bug. Sounds more like a machine problem to me.

I've not experienced any freeze in the in-game animations at any of the Inns either.
For those who know and care about such things ( if any) my error is at the IGN blog page :) this is it:
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I think it's a No-Script issue, i.e., my custom settings are at fault. :)

Back
Top Bottom