King's Bounty: The Legend Thread

First time I played this battle, normal mode, it caused me problem and I made it quite like Kostaz made it ie mainly based on Armageddon level 2. I was also playing a mage.

Later in impossible mode I made it more than once and sometimes with mage too but then I had to use more tricks. It made me forget the Armageddon possibility that could work rather well at normal difficulty.

I've completed the game(!!)
By the time I got to the labyrinth I just wanted to get this over with so I avoided most of the dragons and all fights in the Orc land.That and the fact that I was playing for 70 in-game days made my score look pretty bad.
A stack of archdemons won almost single-handedly the last battle,best unit in the game.

I was a great game but the Karador battle killed any interest I had in it,I know I won't get anywhere near it in the future,probably won't touch Armored Princess either.

It's definitely a good idea to take a break, that kind of game can burn you out, even when it's as great as KB. Try Armored Princess in a few months.

Have to agree with that JDR. I was surprised how easily I've gotten distracted from KB:AP to dig into DDO. I think having too clear of a memory of the semi-easy ending of KB:L make the early difficulty of KB:AP a little more frustrating.

I had to take a break from KB:TL when after almost finishing collecting lots of backup demonic units before taking on the demon lord there. The game crashed and I hadn't saved recently....

I still haven't finished KB:AP--I may have burned out on it from doing too many builds early on, but I also found the difficulty really unbalanced--way easy, then way hard, and then suddenly at the very end, so easy it was almost not worth the effort. I expect I'll go back to it one of these days, though.

I have also taken a break - I'm still within the Dwarven realms. The climbing difficulty, so to say, made me hesitating to to go on.

haven't finished AP yet here, stopped a couple of weeks ago after trying a certain boss fight like 7 times (and not even coming close). I will need to try using a different army setup, but having to fly/sail all over the world to 10 different islands to get the units sucks. I liked it that in KB1 I didn't have to do that. At most I just needed to switch a unit for something else more appropriate for certain boss fights, but nothing like this.
But one day I'll finish it!

Normal was pretty normal. Do-able, but challenging in parts.

OK, thanks. I'm wondering if I should try a Paladin or just go with a Mage again, or, if the gameplay would be a whole lot different if I played a Knight....

I played knight and impossible on both KB and KB:AP, because I read knight is the hardest to play. I am not sure whatever it is true or not though.

But I think I dare say the gameplay is quite different as a knight more focused on your units and setup and less focused on using spells…. so it depends on whatever you think using spells or units / special abilities are more fun!

When it comes to TBS, our GG only plays no-loss, finished in 3 hours max, hardest difficulty, blindfolded, with a broken keyboard so half the commands are unavailable. We're talking serious guru there, Thrasher. ;)

haha, no I didn't, I found an exploit in KB:TL to make it possible even with a knight...... but I decided to not use it.

As for KB:AP I am not sure if it is possible on the impossible setting playing as knight. As Paladin it is possible though.

Back
Top Bottom