Skyrim Which build did you enjoy most?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The only way, without mods, to address destruction is through alchemy. I'm able to create potions that will double the damage output of vanilla spells. Along with enchanting armor to make spell costs near zero, this works well enough to win the game. I agree with the fact that the shouts kinda ruined destruction magic as the best spells/effects were saved for them.

Are you talking about the poisons that increase susceptibility to an element, or something else?

There's a Skyrim Perk Calculator (sort of character planner) at http://skyrimcalculator.com — anyone care to link to their build(s)? I don't have the game (yet), but I love character planning. :)

There's a Skyrim Perk Calculator (sort of character planner) at http://skyrimcalculator.com — anyone care to link to their build(s)? I don't have the game (yet), but I love character planning. :)

I haven't played a mage yet, but here are the perks I found to be most invaluable for a thief/archer and 2-handed warrior build (in order of helpfulness):

Stealth/Archer/Dual Wield Daggers: Steady Hands, Assassin's Blade, Power Shot, Backstab, Shadow Warrior, Silent Roll, Deadly Aim, Savage Strike, Dual Savagery, Alchemist, Poisoner, Armsman. I didn't take any lockpicking perks and I was still easily able to open master locks. The pickpocket perk for planting poison on enemies looked like fun but I didn't get a chance to try it.

2-handed warrior: Sweep, Skull Crusher (75% ignore enemy armor), Barbarian, Deadly Bash, Disarming Bash, Devastating Blow, Deep Wounds, Smithing for Steel, Dwarven, Orcish (haven't got high enough for Ebony yet)

I think the Armor perks can be very helpful if you want to avoid taking damage, but I don't enjoy the type of gameplay where it's like two people hitting each other with a wet noodle. I enjoy the feeling of combat being dangerous, where you have to reload many times to get through a tough battle. So I haven't taken any armor perks or put any points into Health. As a result I frequently get one-shotted by tough enemies.

I think the Armor perks can be very helpful if you want to avoid taking damage, but I don't enjoy the type of gameplay where it's like two people hitting each other with a wet noodle. I enjoy the feeling of combat being dangerous, where you have to reload many times to get through a tough battle. So I haven't taken any armor perks or put any points into Health. As a result I frequently get one-shotted by tough enemies.

What are you, some kind of uber-masochist? :p

Even with a casual amount of armor perks and the occasional health boost you can still get one-shotted pretty easily.

What are you, some kind of uber-masochist? :p

Even with a casual amount of armor perks and the occasional health boost you can still get one-shotted pretty easily.

Well, with my first character I was really enjoying the stealth gameplay. I had to sneak everywhere and either backstab or get them with a bow from the shadows to avoid getting killed. It's a much better stealth system than in Oblivion and Morrowind.

As for my warrior character, I thought I would need some health and armor perks, but it turned out to be quite enough just with my block perks and wearing heavy armor.

I suppose I got a huge offensive benefit from lots and lots of stamina. For an archer with Steady Hands and Power Shot perks, a big Stamina pool lets you take out a large crowd of advancing enemies with a bow before they even get close. For a 2H warrior, it allowed me to do a number of sweep power attacks, taking out multiple enemies with each swing of my warhammer.

My Nord 2h warrior insists on running around in his fur undies no matter what. Investing in health big time did counter that, however. My thievish Bosmer invested in stamina only so she could carry more stuff while my Breton invested in mana. All three builds work rather well.

I started playing with thief/assassin type, tried a melee sword/shield guy, and wound up going back to the thief. His dps was just too filthy to ignore, and if there's an expansion, that's the guy that will get dusted off to play it.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom