VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch Plans

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Acleacius let us know about an exchange with Wesp on the PlanetVampire forums where he says the v6.6 Unofficial Patch will be one of the "biggest" content updates, which sounds exciting:
Acleacius, please don't start playing 6.5 because 6.6 will be released soon and this one has the biggest content restoration in one go ever, so I really need to get some good feedback!
More information.

Bloodlines has been on sale for $4.95 US since Friday at Direct Drive.

This all means one thing Bloodlines has a birthday coming on the 15th of November, 5 years! :cake:

Here is a link to a Bloodlines sound track to tide you over! Hot Italian treats make good appetizers, right? :biggrin:

I have to replay it again? Shit!

You must replay it many times since it is one of the best rpgs ever. You can always try a different clan since they are all different experiences. (unless you have already replayed it enough to play them all)

They have done so many weapon balances (making them powerful, that's balancing lol) and even more of that shit over and over in every update. I stopped using this community patch a long time ago, never had any issues with game before even the official patch, nor after.

I dunno ... I appreciate the work of the community, but never really had an issue with the retail release & patches.

You guys don't think the Basic patch is worth using for fixing Text Errors and wasn't there still a possible game break at Society of Leopold as a (Dirty Stinkin :p ) Nossie even with the Official 1.2 patch? I would post the details of the Basic patch but it's pretty long.

Well each his own, though I am sort interested how/what issue is a problem in the Basic patch, as there are tons of just basic fixes? Personally I am pretty forgiving of text errors and minor bugs, though if I patch is there for a game I will use it. A good example, patches for Fallout and Fallout 2.

@ortucis & Mike: Never change a running system, huh?

Having played a fairly recent version of the unofficial patch I have to say though, there are times when upgrading is worth it. I really appreciated all of the changes, whatever they were. Nothing felt out of place to me and the experience felt richer than what I remembered from years back when I played with only the official patch 1.2 applied. I think you're missing out if you ignore the added and changed stuff, but to each their own. ;)

Last time I asked someone to detail a specific example of this overpowering, I didn't get an answer. While I haven't kept track of it for a while, I think a lot of these accusations are urban myth.

I personally love Wesps work, his post got me all fired up.

I get the same Dhruin, I even ask they please post their concerns in the Official forums, if there is a reasonable suggestion it gets done. It is sort of a Democracy, no one gets everything they want, but it's a good way to look at the game as a whole for the community, instead of just having one persons view decide everything.

I sure don't mind people having ideas especially good ones, it makes the game better for everyone. :party:

Here's the problem with a patch made by fans for fans: "It's a patch made by fans for fans".

Game developers have different set of rules and ideas for balancing/creating their world. They release patches to tweak those few times before they consider that no more "balancing" is required.

Now when fans make such patches, they basically "fix" whatever makes the game hard for them, taking the challenge out of every possible inch of the game until you are just left with a "perfect game". Games aren't meant to be perfect. Bugs should be fixed, balancing should not be entirely based on what community demands of a developer.

Pretty much why I stay away from mods/tc's/patches that fix and "balance" games like Oblivion (I have used the famous compilations) and Bloodlines. These patch makers aren't being paid to balance these games. They add whatever community wants of them (see their forum posts demanding stupid changes, most of which actually make it in-game).

Last time I asked someone to give me one good reason to accept such balancing by fans of a game.. well, still waiting for the answer.

PS: I was actually OK with these unofficial patches when they were just correcting grammar (though I played first time as Malkavian so hard to notice a fault in the dialogues that easily) and fixing game breaking bugs (which I never encountered).

All went down the drain when they started balancing weapons to make them powerful for players. It's a freaking vampires based game, weapons being powerful for them doesn't make sense. If developers wanted to make it possible for players to just clear the game with long ranged weapons, they wouldn't have bothered with any vampire ability for the player at all. Just max all weapon and endurance points and kill the boss, like Borderlands.

Last time I asked someone to give me one good reason to accept such balancing by fans of a game.. well, still waiting for the answer.

Answer: http://home.comcast.net/~xodarap777/XFO/XFO_Readme_Current.html

That mod is for Fallout 3. It adds in everything I wanted like more levels, more RPG aspects, got rid of kiting, added in hunger and thirst. Basically turned the game on its head and made it a better survival game with better RPG options. The only thing that mod didn't add to the game was a better story.

Answer: http://www.co8.org/forum/

Circle of Eight for Temple of Elmental Evil. Need I say more on that beautiful mod?

Answer: http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=&sys=pc&file=vtmbup65.exe&ref=ps

Of course you know about this one, this is the one we're talking about. If you haven't tried it then your missing out. It didn't make uber weapons, it just fine tuned it more to my liking.

Answer: http://www.oscurogamedesign.com/

One of the best mods for Oblivion.

Of course there are many many more I could link, but those are enough to make my point. You can customize the game to make it more enjoyable for you. Especially with Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I'm not talking just weapons or more monsters, I'm talking about changing the whole game to what you would like to play. Of course you could still stick with what they released, but why not and see what some of the fans vision for the game might be. Who knows you may find one or two out there that sound like what you would of wanted the game to have.

Back
Top Bottom