New laptop question.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Hello,

I've been looking at laptops for quite a while now and have found the following:
http://www.johnlewis.com/230825431/Product.aspx

I was wondering if such a laptop would be good enough to play most games with its 330 GT graphics card and i5 processor.

How good are the graphics card and the processor ?

All I currently have is a 7300Go and a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo processor.

I don't play games so often but I would like to be able to play games without them stuttering too much like GIII used to do before the patches came even when I played it on another laptop wich has a 9600GT graphics card. After the patch it became much better, but still stuttered

I would probably buy Risen and GIV, so I would like those games to work without a hitch. I also like watching DVDs and my current laptop stutters with those too.

I would also be using it for day-to-day though, but I think most laptops today are good enough for day-to-day tasks.

I was wondering what you guys/girls think about it ?
Is there anything better for a similar price in the UK ?
Would it be better to wait for the i7's to become cheaper ?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Personally, I would go for higher screen resolution than 1366x768.

I use a laptop as my primary machine, including gaming. Risen ran fine on my 8600GT on medium settings, so this should be fine, although aim as high as you can if you want it to last a few years.

Some details and benchmarks here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-330M.22437.0.html

I don't necessarily agree on the resolution thing. A higher resolution can be a definite advantage for some people but one of the benefits of this sort of lower range is you can run your games capably in the native res. People with 1600x1050 screens and the like often don't have the video card grunt in their laptop to drive games at those resolutions, so they end up with blurry or stuttery results.

I have the same video as Dhruin and I can tell that it is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom