The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

My Favoured Soul is still on the ship, because I just cannot make up my mind to whether I should start with level 1 or with level 4 (Veteran Status I).
Tomorrow (Sunday) I might be on only in the evening (local time), because I'll have my pen & paper session during the whole afternoon.

Current sales :http://www.ddo.com/en/store#sale_offer_section

Free item of the week :

May 3 - 9
Medium Slayer Count Boost
Use Coupon Code MSCB01
1 / Account

20 % off :

- Inventory Space Upgrade
- Bell Of Opening
- Jewels Of Fortune
- Slayer Count Boosts

Last edited:
I still want to play our current level 18's on Fridays as well; there are heaps of quests yet to do with them!!

Hahahahahahaha, yeah, right and I remember all those little details!! :D

@ Taxen....we miss you, jump in when you can. I can park a toon at your level, just needed to know if you are still wanting to play.

@ Alrick......starting at 4 will make running Korthos fast so you can get some startup gear. You can take the Vet level and then run the villiage quests anyway on elite. Get you the favor in there as well.

So if I understand the plan, we TR, run the village quests solo and then park til ready to group up in the wilderness?

And we will run our current group of Friday toons for now til we hit 20. Maybe switching to new TR's now and then for a change of pace?

Hate missing a week but we are going to have this happen in upcoming months by someone, at which time we can just run 20+ toons.

So if I understand the plan, we TR, run the village quests solo and then park til ready to group up in the wilderness?

And we will run our current group of Friday toons for now til we hit 20. Maybe switching to new TR's now and then for a change of pace?
That was the plan, but several of us ran all of Korthos with our new guildmate on our TRv5.0 toons. So, once you TR your cleric, you can blast thru everything on Korthos and park in the harbor. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to run the harbor solo-only quests as well, but I don't think many of us have done that so far. Conveniently, Peter had already done this, so the "new plan" actually gets everybody to the same point.

As for Fridays, my intent is for us to run the lvl18's (TRv4.0) up to cap. With summer months coming and both Corwin and Reywind travelling, I'm assuming we'll get plenty of chances to play other stuff "for variety" just in the natural course of things. The trick will be getting parties together where we cover the people in the session without abandoning those that are not. I'd encourage everyone to follow Az's advice and update their rosters over in MMO. The other approach would be to do a thumbnail here similar to what I did a dozen posts back. It's probably most helpful to give an idea of what quests are needed, in process, and completed--I know that will be fairly complicated for those of you lacking proper documentation. :) I'll do both now just for reference.

MMO has been updated.

Botdu - lvl5 (holding 6) arcane archer - needs Sharn chain soon, started Tangles

Shadohe - lvl13 monk - needs Cursed Crypt, almost done with Desert, ready for Lordsmarch2

RhoGu - lvl16 arty - started Vale, needs Bridge chain, GH complete

Phuury - lvl24 pale master - pretty much done but can run whatever

I noted that, even with a new guildy to yell at Peter, we're lacking trapper in one group. So I may just roll Rachail in the TR5 set, and run Mirys solo/outside. We have two real Clerics, and Mirys isn't built to heal anyway; I went evoker.

Mirys - Level 3 Druid, just finished solo stuff in the harbor
Rachail - Level 3 Artificer, same rank as Mirys, not sure what she's done.
Aerii - Level 8 Wizard, I think I was finishing some level 6 stuff up, but I'll have to check
Fireflash - Level 18 Fighter, needs to finish Shroud flagging, otherwise I don't care.
Mr Pump - Level 18 Artificer, Shroud flagging, holding 19 IIRC. Will likely be capped soon so we need to do anything requiring his services quickly. I'll run Fireflash mostly with th3 current TR4 group.

I hate typing on my cell. All others are Test/helpers and I can run whatever with them.

I noted that, even with a new guildy to yell at Peter, we're lacking trapper in one group. So I may just roll Rachail in the TR5 set, and run Mirys solo/outside. We have two real Clerics, and Mirys isn't built to heal anyway; I went evoker.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. I've been giving real consideration to an assassin build given the wild success several of us have had with that sort of thing, but it really didn't make sense to do that with Klubbir and those decisions were made prior to us picking up our new guildie anyway, when backup healing was more valuable.

On second thought, backup healing might be necessary after all. The new cleric is a first lifer. That means she'll out-level us in no time. She'll have to do the 2-toon dance like you did with Pump, Cairii, and Fireflash which means we'll be sans cleric #2 for some of the sessions.

I suppose I could bring Phuury down to be the assassin trap monkey and put Klubbir on ice. The only downside there is he's my last epic toon and it will be a while before I get another capped out (probably Friday toon Wouldii).

Last edited:
My level 3 fighter has not yet done the harbor solo quest. He was parked once he arrived in Stormreach. I can quickly go ahead and do the level 2 solo quests. The level 3 solo quest I want to do at level 4.

Remember that we have have less that full groups on our new TR's. Usually we will have 8 people joining and that is 2 teams of 4 each. So we can rely upon cleric hirelings to get us through the quests. It works up to the Vale with a few exceptions.

I suggest you work on Klubbir, Dte. Keep Phuury at the epic levels so you have someone to play on the days we will run epic. Remember the U18 coming out this Summer. There are new epic quests there and an increased level cap.

We will manage with the toons we have. Flerida's cleric can help us in the critical quests where we need a real cleric. Cm's Kerriakan will be our main cleric. Your Klubbir will be able to do support healing too.

I can use a rogue hireling in my groups so we have a good trapper. There are only a few quests where you really have to disable the trap box at the other side. In such circumstances we can have help from the trapper we have in our group by doing the quest twice.

I think we can benefit a lot by having Mirys as a druid in one of the groups. The class is very strong and we get another caster (Jo's sorcerer the other). In some quests you need AOE damage. But it's up to Azraelck to decide whether he wants an artificer or druid as the new TR toon.

I think that what we will play on Friday will depend on who will show up. I think it's good to find toons to play so nobody have to be playing alone. If Flerida shows up then I think it's good to play the low levels. If not we can work on the level 18's. Also remember that we have to decide what to do when Corwin and Reywind are on their trip to Canada. We should be able find some toons to work on that means we won't leave anyone behind.

If we work hard on getting our current toons to 20 we might hit 20 before Corwin is away. Epic quests aren't hit as much by bravery bonus penalty so we can work on them even if some are left behind. We won't run epic elite anyway and they can catch up when back since you won't lose XP by being some levels behind at epic levels.

This is the status of my toons.

KarlPeter - level 3 half elf fighter / paladin - stalwart defender. Just entered Stormreach and ready to do level 2 harbor quests. TR2 so parked to wait for Friday runs

Petresus - level 6 half orc monk - Shintao light. Ready to do level 4 quests like Sharn syndicate. Done with level 3 quests.

Pitrelon - level 8 warforged artificer. Ready to do level 6 quests. Done Necro 1 and Delera to get the voice of the master.

Rolfpeter - level 15 dwarf cleric. Evoker. TR2. Done a few Gianthold walkup quests. Need to finish then to take level 16 and do the Gianthold flagging quests.

Peters - level 18 human fighter / paladin - kensei. TR2. Friday toon. Doing Shroud runs while waiting for Friday runs.

Peterp - level 23 dwarf cleric - evoker. TR2. Flagged for Caught in the WEB. Need the Epic Gianthold quests and the latest quests in Forgotten Realms. Can play anything. Almost level 25. Parked to run epic stuff waiting for Update 18. Will not TR for quite some time. Currently my only epic toon.

I do intend to try and play while over in Canada, but I'll likely miss some weeks as will Reywind.

Well folks, looks like I'm out for this week. I could play for the first hour or so, but that would probably cause more problems than help.

U18 is not the expansion. U19 is. U18 is apparently on Lam right now as well.

I bet that U18 is the new Enhancements system, then.

No. The new enhancement system is in alpha stage. I think U18 will just be some new quests as a prelude to the new area in the expansion. It will be similar to the bridge quests introduced some updates ago.

Hm, okay. You know the game better than me. :D

With Dte out, I think we're pretty well limited in what we can run. Does Reywind still have a 20+? If so, that may be our only real option, since some of us lack characters to run at certain ranges. Alternately, if we all have a character around level 8, we may be able to run those. I think Peter does, I do, but I don't remember if anyone else does.

For the 20+ stuff, I have Susan sitting at 20, with literally nothing done past KF explorers. Mureall still needs to finish the Demonweb and flag, but since I'll never run that raid, I doubt I'll care either way.

Yea, we may have to do 20+. If someone is close we could help get them to 20 if needed.

Back
Top Bottom