Age of Decadence - Interface Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Age of Decadence lead artist Elhoim has updated the interfaces discussion thread at RPG Codex with current shots. The in-game GUI, dialogue, inventory, trade, alchemy, crafting, character, journal and map screens are all on offer. Note that the post is dated February but the content has been updated.
More information.

Those are nice shots. Not to do that odious comparison thing, but one of my gripes with indies is how intrusive or inadequate the interface often is. One of the reasons I gave up on Nethergate was the silly bearded paperdoll that never changed regardless of which character you were looking at. (I know Celtic females were fierce and all, but the beard was unnecessary) . These look inviting.

Well it looks almost identical to Fallout which is not surprising with vault dweller involved.

Looking snazzy!

I like 'em a lot. They seem comfortable and easy to use. The artwork is a pleasure. That's important to me. Sometimes I enjoy getting into the details of RPG, and I hate it whenever I feel like I'm wrestling with the interface.

What I like is that the interface matches the game. I hate when games with an historical or fantasy theme have an interface which is really modern looking in terms of it's colours, lines, fonts and so forth. But I likewise do not miss the old RPG interfaces with the curlique or calligraphy fonts and things like that. The AoD interface seems spot-on in appearance.

Wow, it's so unfair we can't be playing this yet, yummy! :)

Back
Top Bottom