Kickstarter - Small RPG Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I usually find a few Kickstaters that no talks about, and so for today I have two new games to share. Both games look to be made with RPG Maker, and were inspired by Zelda.

Here is a link with a brief description of each game.

Knight's Destiny - Dungeon RPG

Games such as Diablo, Zelda, and Runescape have been a huge inspiration for me in the making of this game. Any game that has dungeon exploring and fighting has been what I've always played. Knight's Destiny takes bits and pieces from every single one of those games (including additional awesome features) to create a new lightweight and fun to play RPG! The one major thing that you'll notice is unique is the lighting. Dungeons are always dark, right? Unless you have thousands of torches lined up against the wall. But let's face it, it's the medieval age, torches don't last for years, and they don't light up a big area. In Knight's Destiny, the player will have only a lantern on themselves to guide them through the pitch dark (and what lies within the dark), aside from random torch positioning against the dungeon walls. This makes for a truly challenging and unique play experience.
Framed Wings: A Indie Fantasy RPG

Framed Wings is an independently made fantasy RPG with elements close to those of Zelda games. The game shall be packed with quests, dungeons, intense boss battles, and much more. Framed Wings is being developed using the RPG Maker XP engine. At the moment I am quite early into development and have run into many issues, which is why I've turned to Kickstarter for support.
More information.

Last edited:
Personally I have to admit that I as soon as I see "RPG Maker" or it's style I don't take a further look into a project.
One thing is that it never looks "professional" and the other is that I dislike jRPGs in general.

Personally I have to admit that I as soon as I see "RPG Maker" or it's style I don't take a further look into a project.
One thing is that it never looks "professional" and the other is that I dislike jRPGs in general.
I understand we all have different tastes in gaming. As for me I enjoy playing RPG Maker games, and have been doing so since the earlier 90's. ^^

Well, you can then also leave a professional statement about the professionality of these titles which I can only judge from the looks. ^^

Well, you can then also leave a professional statement about the professionality of these titles which I can only judge from the looks. ^^
Are you kidding have you ever seen an article written by me. I'm an embarrassment to the English language. I'll just settle with you not liking the games.^^

Last edited:
I'm really unsure why those guys can't move onto Unity.
Not only the product would look more "pro", but also they'd have more options than with RPGmaker.

The last RPGmaker game I really enjoyed was Aveyond with silly story and oddly good music. But then I got Aveyond2 and it was... Um... Not very good. And others were somewhat uninteresting. So I stopped buying those.

Yeah, they all start to blend together at some point. But diversity is good, if you like these games more power to you.

If nothing else the concept art for Knight's Destiny is really nice.

Back
Top Bottom