Day Watch

txa1265

SasqWatch
The sequel to Night Watch, the Silent Storm-engine game based on the books by Russian author Sergei Lukyanenko. This came up in the Jade Empire review comments.

I had said in that thread:
Day Watch sort of came out of nowhere for me. I was looking on GamersGate for stuff to review for another site (basically told - whatever isn't already reviewed or spoken for) and saw this. I am still reading the Day Watch book, which is nice.

The game so far is very much derivative of the Night Watch game - but for me that isn't such a bad thing. There are improvements to the interface and the Twilight isn't quite so murky and ugly. But it is still the same basic game with tons of warts - cutscenes are rough, translations are awful, and you do still spend the majority of the game looking at the real world through something akin to a water filter.

I will have some fun and post my review when done - but would I recommend spending $30 on it? Um ... no, certainly not based on what I've seen so far.

Well, some of that isn't really true - check out this Twilight screenshot:
PC_DayWatch_SS0013.jpg

Yuk, what a revolting view!! I'll forget that game!!

Yuk, what a revolting view!! I'll forget that game!!

I randomly snapped that one - you have *full* camera control, but I needed to be focusing on the boss in that room, so was zoomed out and top down.

As for the murkiness, yeah, it is every bit as bad as Night Watch.

(here is my Night Watch review)

Where can I buy boxed version of Day Watch (English version). I can`t find it on e-bay or other well known sites. Only few sites offering digital download. It can be US or UK or EU version of the game and there has to be an option for sending to EU countries.
Thanks

Where can I buy boxed version of Day Watch (English version). I can`t find it on e-bay or other well known sites. Only few sites offering digital download. It can be US or UK or EU version of the game and there has to be an option for sending to EU countries.
Thanks

As far as I can tell you can only get it digitally now ... at least that is all I could find when I looked a few weeks ago.

Sorry for bringing this up... Night watch... Day watch...
No pics (what was that revolting view?) and no review (links don't work).

Should I give those two a shot or let them remain forgotten for good?

Back
Top Bottom