Things you don't need to know...

But, you will note that he didn't manage to do that against Australia when he played here this summer!! :)

But, you will note that he didn't manage to do that against Australia when he played here this summer!! :)

I knew that, of course. That's why I didn't write anything about it. Or something like that.

pibbur who thinks one century is enough

When architect John Russell Pope designed Branch House (pictured) in 1916, the 28,000 sq ft (2,600 m2) private residence included designated storage rooms for carpets, china, paintings – and suits of armor.

pibbur who yesterday cleared approx. 1.5 m^2 real estate in his secondary den storage room.

PS.

More from Wikipedia: The Roper River Scrub-robin (Drymodes superciliaris colcloughi), also known as the Allied Scrub Robin,[2] is a putative subspecies of the Northern Scrub-robin, a bird in the Petroicidae, or Australasian robin family. Whether it ever existed is doubtful; if it did it is almost certainly extinct.

All this Australia ... makes pibbur dull
DS.

Last edited:
Why being a roman emperor was not such a good idea

These are the roman emperors (barracks emperors, also called soldier emperors) between 235 AD and 268, disregarding emperor wannabes and usurpers. And what happened to them

Maximus Thrax 235-238 - murdered
Gordian 1 238-238 - suicide
Gordian 2 238-238 - killed in battle
Pupienus 238-238 - murdered
Balbinus 238-238 - murdered
Gordian 3 238-244 - murdered or killed in battle
Philip the Arab 244-249 - killed in battle
Decius 249-251 - killed in battle
Herennius Etruscus 251-251 - killed in battle
Hostilian 251-251 - the Plague
Gallus 251-253 - murdered
Volusianus 251-253 - murdered
Valerian 253-253 - died in captivity (Persians)
Gallienus 253-268 - murdered

Little Hostilian was the only one dying of natural causes . But he didn't have much power. And he didn't last long before natural causes in the form of Yersinia pestis fell upon him.

pibbur who claims to be NOT A ROMAN EMPEROR!

Looks like it would have been a good idea KNOT to have the name Gordian!! :)

OTOH, Augustus seems to be a good name. The longest reigning Roman Emperor was Octavian/Augustus who reigned from 31 BC (or 27) to 15 AD. Some say he was poisoned, but he was also very sick at the end of his life.

Other emperors:

Uriel Septim 53-64 - cause of death
Uriel Septim II 64-82 - depressed when he died
Uriel Septim III 121-127 - murdered
Uriel Septim IV 202-247 - cause of death?
Uriel Septim V 268-288 - killed in battle
Uriel Septin VI 290-317 - fell off a horse
Uriel Septim VII 368-433 - murdered

Pibbur who just now discovered that there is a mathematical discipline called knot theory which don't mention Gordian (at least on the big W)

Finally we've got some irrelevant information from ozzieland (not Osborne) again, although, sorry to say, it's not connected to the favourite sports down under, such as water-polo or the-shortest-distance-between-you-and-dangerous-animals competitions,

But. Australian bowler Shane Warne claimed that he had "nightmares" at the thought of bowling to Sachin Tendulka. Which is a bit strange, since mr Tendulka is mainly interested in throwing things at people standing in front of peculiarly arranged (like Stonehenge) pieces of wood.

says pibbur who realizes that being a bowler may not have anything to do with the honorable sport in which he scored (his only) strikes in his first to attempts. WHO CARES???

Last edited:
You do realise, of course, that Cricket is in the Bible!! As you likely know, a Cricket team has 11 players. It says in Acts, that Peter stood before the 11 and was bold (bowled)!! :)

Finally we've got some irrelevant information from ozzieland (not Osborne) again, although, sorry to say, it's not connected to the favourite sports down under, such as water-polo or the-shortest-distance-between-you-and-dangerous-animals competitions,

But. Australian bowler Shane Warne claimed that he had "nightmares" at the thought of bowling to Sachin Tendulka. Which is a bit strange, since mr Tendulka is mainly interested in throwing things at people standing in front of peculiarly arranged (like Stonehenge) pieces of wood.

says pibbur who realizes that being a bowler may not have anything to do with the honorable sport in which he scored (his only) strikes in his first to attempts. WHO CARES???

If (when?) you make it downunder I would be pleased to take you to a cricket game and explain (bore?) you with details!

Since 1997, while the junior national softball team has won four Junior World Championships in a row, the Australia men's national softball team has only won one World Championship? Yay!

Now, the water poloists on the other hand …

pibbur who won't mention the "c*" word.

There are 6300 to 8100 australian black gums (australian) growing in (australian) frost hollows which pibbur didn't know existed in Australia.

pibbur who still has his doubts.

That's because you're not a Dentist, so therefore not an expert on gums!! :D

2011–12 Logan Cup: the Matabeleland Tuskers cricket team became the first to win consecutive titles during the franchise era of the competition?

For once something about cricket that does not (apparently) involve Australia. Which kind of makes this piece of information important.

pibbur who only recently discovered the franchise era of cricket.

Logan was one of the founding fathers of Australia; we have cities named after him. I know, I live there!! :)

Logan was one of the founding fathers of Australia; we have cities named after him. I know, I live there!! :)

How many of your cities are called Bruce?

71 english words where the 'q' is not followed by an 'u'. Most of them are loan words, but according to Wikipedia they are "considered to be naturalised in English according to at least one major dictionary". The list:

1. buqsha
  2. burqa
  3. cinq
  4. cinqfoil
  5. coq
  6. faqih
  7. faqir
  8. fiqh
  9. inqilab
  10. mbaqanga
  11. miqra
  12. muqaddam
  13. nastaliq
  14. niqab
  15. pontacq
  16. qabab
  17. qabalah
  18. qadarite
  19. qadariyah
  20. qaddish
  21. qadi
  22. qadiriyah
  23. qaf
  24. qaid
  25. qaimaqam
  26. qalamdan
  27. qalandar
  28. qanat
  29. qanun
  30. qasida
  31. qat
  32. qawwal
  33. qawwali
  34. qepiq
  35. qere
  36. qhat
  37. qheche
  38. qhom
  39. qhythsontyd
  40. qi
  41. qiana
  42. qibla
  43. qibli
  44. qigong
  45. qin
  46. qinah
  47. qindar
  48. qinghaosu
  49. qipao
  50. qirsh
  51. qiviut
  52. qiyas
  53. qoph
  54. qorma
  55. qwerty
  56. rencq
  57. sambuq
  58. sheqel
  59. souq
  60. talaq
  61. taluq
  62. taluqdar
  63. taluqdari
  64. taqiya
  65. taqlid
  66. tariqa
  67. tranq
  68. tsaddiq
  69. umiaq
  70. waqf
  71. yaqona

pibbur who likes qi.

None of them appear in any of my dictionaries, though I do admit mine are several decades old!! :)

Not sure about cities named Bruce, but one of our major highways is!!

Inquiring minds at Albany Medical College played music to a group of unsophisticated rats, who preferred Beethoven's "Fur Elise" over Miles Davis's "Four" and preferred silence over any music at all. When they sweetened the deal by adding cocaine to their least preferred options, however, they found that rats would reverse their preferences, even choosing jazz over classical.

In another study published in 2011, the same experimenters supported by the same NIH grants again used Miles Davis" "Four," but this time exposed rats to methamphetamine to determine the drug's effects on rats' learned conditioning.

Spring has come. I can SMELL it!

pibbur who disregards things down under

Back
Top Bottom