Pricewatch!

Besides the D&D discounts at Gog as noted on another thread, Steam is doing a Sega sale weekend. Alpha Protocol is $2, All the Total War games and DLC are on sale, also the old Genesis and Dreamcast games.

What! Only US/Canada! Discrimination against Europeans!

It's not discrimination, I am sure that Impulse would be more than happy to sell it Europeans if they could. I highly doubt they would turn down sales.

The issue is regionalism and rights that differ from country to country. The stores hands are tied in that regard. Similarly, Greenmangaming can sell digital downloads of Ubisoft games except in the US because they don't have the rights to.

DTP is the publisher for Drakensang in Europe but in the US the publisher is Valusoft (a division of THQ).

It's not discrimination, I am sure that Impulse would be more than happy to sell it Europeans if they could. I highly doubt they would turn down sales.

The issue is regionalism and rights that differ from country to country. The stores hands are tied in that regard. Similarly, Greenmangaming can sell digital downloads of Ubisoft games except in the US because they don't have the rights to.

DTP is the publisher for Drakensang in Europe but in the US the publisher is Valusoft (a division of THQ).

To make things worse, there seem to be regional issues within EU as well. You can for an example not download Drakensang: River of time here in Sweden, gamersgate does not even show the game for me. Most stores won't ship the game to Sweden either. So playing the expansion seem to be impossible unless I want to step outside the boundaries of the law :(

I guess that's the exact reason why so many companies are preferring the U.S. market : It's like ALL countries of Europe COMBINED, but being only ONE (basic) set of laws ...

So Daggerdale. It's not really worth it even for $7.50 (Steam sale currently going on) huh?

Also, Dungeon Siege III is $20 at Amazon, but I'm guessing not worth it there either?

I've heard nothing good about either title, which might explain the cut-rate pricing so soon after release.

So Daggerdale. It's not really worth it even for $7.50 (Steam sale currently going on) huh?

Also, Dungeon Siege III is $20 at Amazon, but I'm guessing not worth it there either?

I have skipped Daggerdale thus far, which is unlike me ... but might grab it at $7.50 - though it will likely be $5 sometime soon.

I grabbed DSIII for ~$25 and have found it reasonably OK ... but it has failed to sustain a complete gaming night for me without me switching to something else for a while (bad sign)

New Humble Bundle is out. This time it's Frozen Synapse.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

So far it's just the one game but more potentially may be added later. Same deal with pay what you want. If you pay at least the average (currently $4.39) you will also get the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle as well which includes Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowground Survivor, Splot and Jack Claw.

You can download the games directly and you also get keys for them for Steam, Direct2drive, Desura and Onlive.

Interesting that they decided to have such a small humble bundle this time around. Every previous humble bundle have contained 5 games (+the games added later). Still, pay what you want is still a good price, and the frozenbyte bundle that comes with it contains Trine, which is an excellent game.

Thanks for the link.

Interesting that they decided to have such a small humble bundle this time around. Every previous humble bundle have contained 5 games (+the games added later). Still, pay what you want is still a good price, and the frozenbyte bundle that comes with it contains Trine, which is an excellent game.

Thanks for the link.

Well ... if you have bought every other bundle you get the choice between going cheap for one game or paying more for charity ...

I'm not complaining, it was just an observation. And I did not cheap out on this one either (so no 1€ donations). Even though I already have the frozenbyte bundle I donated more than average.

Oh, and Frozen synapse is darn addictive. A must for anyone who likes tactical games.

Dungeon Siege III is on Steam for $25 - had a couple questions about it… do patches address the keymapping and finicky interaction with world objects that many a reviewer complained about during launch?

edit: just discovered the DS 1, 2, & 3 pack on Steam for only $2.50 more... hmm.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39190/?snr=1_4_4__13

too bad they dont have the original for like 2.50 or something, I really liked the original DS.

Gamersgate has Postal2 complete for 4.00. I had countless hours of fun w/ that game!

Back
Top Bottom