Pricewatch!

For ipad you can get many much better games for 2,50.

Yeah, strange, that. For PC, I'm willing to spend much more than I am on iPad. The big screen probably has something to do with it, and the unusual App Store market. 2,50 on iPad seems a lot, while on PC it is next to nothing.

Just read the review and it doesn't sound good. But! 2,50! Sigh.

Hmm, so basically not worth it. Although, to be fair it's probably worth at least the $3.75 sale price, but with my ever growing backlog I just don't see myself getting around to something that's supposed to not be that great.

For 2,50 euro, how can Space Siege go wrong? Even if it IS such a bad game, the graphics look decent enough. Might be worth a few hours of my time.

Way I look at it ... if you are still interested after seeing other reviews and reading mine - it is probably a safe bet that you will get $3.75 of value from it :) It isn't like it will rip your flesh off or anything.

Way I look at it … if you are still interested after seeing other reviews and reading mine - it is probably a safe bet that you will get $3.75 of value from it :) It isn't like it will rip your flesh off or anything.

Gnnngh, they got me. It's not the first time I've blown away a few bucks on total shit, anyway. It's not a big thing. :)

There are SO many better games out there, I don't see why you'd waste the TIME on it. Money isn't the issue, I think, when the prices are so low on Steam, for example.

There are SO many better games out there, I don't see why you'd waste the TIME on it. Money isn't the issue, I think, when the prices are so low on Steam, for example.

Part of it is that I suffer from New Game Syndrome (NGS). The novelty of it may entertain me for a few hours, before I shove it aside with the rest of the tons of games I once in a lifetime started.

That's why I could absolutely fall in love with the OnLive service, if the latency were not so bad, and they had a couple more games (and the trial limit would be a little more than the 30 minutes you get).

Oh I've done the 'but it's only $2/$3/$4/$5!' thing quite a bit, but now I have 350+ games on Steam, and that's not counting GOG or some others I got on Gamersgate, so I am trying to not just spend the money on something just because when I have so many games right now that I've yet to play.

It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that I don't want to buy something just because it is on sale. Having said that, I am eyeing the THQ Steam sale right now! :p

Metro 2033 on Steam for only 2.50 EUR.

That's a very atmospheric, emotional, story driven FPS. Superb production values, some greatness but also a couple of annoying things. Highly recommeded if you like your single players FPSes definitely not average. ;)

Metro 2033 on Steam for only 2.50 EUR.

That's a very atmospheric, emotional, story driven FPS. Superb production values, some greatness but also a couple of annoying things. Highly recommeded if you like your single players FPSes definitely not average. ;)

Steam also has it on sale here in NA, but for $5.00

+1 to your description. I think Metro 2033 is an underrated game that a lot of people missed. The only negative that I can think of was how high the system requirements were.

Part of it is that I suffer from New Game Syndrome (NGS). The novelty of it may entertain me for a few hours, before I shove it aside with the rest of the tons of games I once in a lifetime started.

That's why I could absolutely fall in love with the OnLive service, if the latency were not so bad, and they had a couple more games (and the trial limit would be a little more than the 30 minutes you get).

So it doesn't really matter if its bad since you are going to stop playing it right away anyway? Just a quick eye candy fix and move on, eh? ;)

Titan Quest is 75% off today on Steam.

The 'Gold' version, which contains the base game and the expansion is going for $5 US.

*Edit: Also on daily deal today is Jagged Alliance 2 Gold 66% off at $6.80 US, which I believe includes the base game with some improvements and the Unfinished Business campaign.

Last edited:
Duke Nukum gets a DLC. For those who already have this "First Access Club" thing, it seems to be free.
You need to go on the "First Access Club" web site to get a serial number for this DLC.

Duke Nukum gets a DLC. For those who already have this "First Access Club" thing, it seems to be free.
You need to go on the "First Access Club" web site to get a serial number for this DLC.

Otherwise it is $10 ... same price as the game on Steam ... ;)

Yeah, I got an email a few days ago telling me about the DLC, but I haven't bothered to download it.

I enjoyed DNF for what it was, but this DLC appears to be nothing more than new game modes and maps for multiplayer. No addtional content for single-player afaict.

Steam also has it on sale here in NA, but for $5.00

+1 to your description. I think Metro 2033 is an underrated game that a lot of people missed. The only negative that I can think of was how high the system requirements were.

I picked it up and tried it out. No problems running it. I like the idea and the setting. The story is kinda weird but maybe that's just because I've only played a bit.

I'm normally pretty forgiving about such things but I find the save point system really irking. Also the stealth sections are totally fricking hard and if you fail at them you are stuck in a firefight with a gazillion guys. The lack of info on weapons and such is also bad; the throwing knives are totally deadly on a hit anywhere from 30 feet away (actually, any distance) but the silenced pistol can't take someone out with multiple shots in the back from 3 feet away. Huh?

I'm normally pretty forgiving about such things but I find the save point system really irking. Also the stealth sections are totally fricking hard and if you fail at them you are stuck in a firefight with a gazillion guys. The lack of info on weapons and such is also bad; the throwing knives are totally deadly on a hit anywhere from 30 feet away (actually, any distance) but the silenced pistol can't take someone out with multiple shots in the back from 3 feet away. Huh?

I completely forgot about the save system. You're right though, it's pretty bad. No PC game should ever be limited to a single save slot.

The stealth sections aren't the only places with a high degree of difficulty. There are some areas later in the game that had me gritting my teeth as well. Just wait till you get to The Library. :)

I picked it up and tried it out. No problems running it. I like the idea and the setting. The story is kinda weird but maybe that's just because I've only played a bit.

Would you mind taking your questions to the Metro thread?

Like most Eastern European games Metro is quite difficult. It's no shame to play it on easy. You'll still have plenty to kill.

One small spoiler because you may get past it soon:
Filters can only be purchased in 2 or 3 locations early in the game. Beyond that you have to rely on what you find. So buy filters. Many of them. At least 30, better 50 or even more if you can afford them.

Back
Top Bottom