Risen 2 - Two More DLCs?

The amount of overreacting I'm seeing from some people here is laughable.

As far as retailers go, Gamestop has become a complete joke when it comes to PC games. I don't even consider them an option anymore unless I have no other choice.

As far as retailers go, Gamestop has become a complete joke when it comes to PC games. I don't even consider them an option anymore unless I have no other choice.

That I can agree on if I want to buy used or sell my games I will use amazon or Ebay. Gamestop is a joke with the amount they pay you then what they sell it for.

Risen 2 wont be the first game they skip with there own dlc and it wont be the last. They don't see the pc fitting there business model and it has been that way since the late 90's.

I remember when it was Babbages and they had a whole section dedicated to the pc but they were bought by Gamestop things changed.

I hope this doesn't cost them sales - as a fairly small developer, they can't really afford that. I think the bottom line is that if fans believe that they are being 'ripped off' (rightly or wrongly) then that is bad thing. Why not simply release the DLC after a suitable interval, even if they developed it before release? I was planning to pre-order anyway - but only because I'm keen to play the game, not because I was 'bribed' with some DLC. I'd be more more interested in a nice map or some form of game guide as a freebie.

Why not simply release the DLC after a suitable interval, even if they developed it before release?

For games with a relatively small marketing budget, it can be better to piggyback on the initial marketing/PR push rather than incur more expenses with a separate campaign.

There is, however, another line of thinking that says it's better to wait so you have a second opportunity to promote the original game at the time of the DLC release.

And in the case of something like an exclusive Gamestop DLC pack, etc., I would imagine Gamestop is at least partially subsidizing the ad buys and POS displays.

I was planning to pre-order anyway - but only because I'm keen to play the game, not because I was 'bribed' with some DLC. I'd be more more interested in a nice map or some form of game guide as a freebie.

Same here. The DLC is simply an extra bonus to me, not something that convinced me to pre-order. Playing the Beta was enough to do that. :)

As far as them including something different for pre-ordering... people would still complain anyways.

Well having finally played the beta (I torrented it in a moment of weakness :embarrassed: )

1) There is not a single change that PB did and I think its for the better(*). Seriously several "wtf" moments there and funnily enough its the little things that bug me more than the things I was afraid of (like no potions animation, hotspot climbing or the combat system) like the immersion breaking open chest/roast stuff/trading screens and the fact that you can no longer separate mobs regardless of distance etc…

2) I started playing at 22:00 and when I looked at the watch again it was something like 3:00 am (That haven't happened to me since… well since risen 1 ;) ) So yeah this is a PB game all the way despite their valiant attempts to totally nerf the gameplay for the console kiddies… :)

(*): I have to make a special note here about the character system, being the first to start bitching usually when things are streamlined or simplified, (like I did for the Witcher 2 i.e) and say that I actually kinda like what I am seeing here a bit. It is somewhat disappointing though that they did not strive for a bit more depth and variety and that they axed several mainstay little skills…

Which brings me to say that this me too attitude from PB and their publisher both in the gameplay and DLC approach is what is bugging me in this deal rather than the whole "DLC controversy" because I believe it is misguided and brings down the overall quality of a game that could have put a serious candidate for best PB game (not to mention pissing off the fanbase)…

That said I am not at all certain that this is gonna be my least favorite PB game like I feared… as long as the game opens up with larger areas in the later game. If it is a string of smallish islands then I will be really disappointed…

Now if only Amazon and Deep Silver would grace us with the ability to Order the damn thing :mad: (I believe its gonna be available a month or so before release It has happened before with some games iirc?)

P.S They really really really need to fix the atrocious Loding. Seriously. I can see alot of tweaking in my future >:O

You can pre order the PC version at Amazon NOW. I think PB could have picked a much worse publisher than Deepsilver, they push alot of RPGs. As for PB , i guess they are trying to survive in the cut throat console market .

Back
Top Bottom