NWN: witch's wake

P

purpleblob

I've found this module in neverwinter vault... and on their list it says I only need NWN but on official site it says I need SoU and HoTU as well. Anyone know if I can play witch's wake w/o HoTU? I only have NWN and SoU. I've already started game, and besides lagging issue... everything seems to be working. I just want to know in case it decide to explode my comp for playing this mod w/o HoTU.

You can play it with just the original NWN, no expansions are required, unless it has been changed since I played it. The only problem with the module is that it is fairly short and the follow up modules never came. Other than that, I loved it.

Could I suggest getting HoU, it's the best of all the expansions and many really good mods require it. I've seen it going dirt cheap in EB many times!!

If I recall correctly, the Premium Module version requires stuff, but the original doesn't.

Could I suggest getting HoU, it's the best of all the expansions and many really good mods require it. I've seen it going dirt cheap in EB many times!!

I acutally do have HoTU. The prob is I DONT HAVE DVD ROM! I was originally thinking of getting both DVD rom and headset 2-3weeks ago but then my parents were bitching that I shoud wait till I get new comp because they do come in with new comp. Here's another prob.. they are taking million years to decide which system spec they want. SIGH

You can play it with just the original NWN, no expansions are required, unless it has been changed since I played it. The only problem with the module is that it is fairly short and the follow up modules never came. Other than that, I loved it.

I've downloaded it from neverwinter vault and I'm sure I've got the sequel as well. Ive got both WW:1 and WW:2.

I've never seen WW2 unless it was a war!! :)

PBlob. We're using the NWN2 forum for any NWN1 info just to let you know. However there are probably about two threads there about it :)

To answer your question:

Witch's Wake was meant to be a free module series by Rob Bartel. It was meant to be 10 chapters and generate continued interest in the game. After he released the first chapter Bioware reassigned him and AFAIK no other chapters were ever made.

WW was heavily promoted at the time as sort of an apology for the official campaign the way Black Isle did with Trials of the Luremaster after they released the awful IWD: Heart of Winter.

When Bioware launched their Premium Mod service one the mods was a complete overhaul of WW. It can be found here. Among other things the HCR was removed from the new version. (at the time he wrote the first one the HCR was a standard script system nearly all modules had. within a few years it was considered bloated, arcane and full of bugs). I do believe one of the versions of this mod one some sort of industry award that all the Bio employees are a member of.

I've never played WW as single player games were not my bag.

That said my favorite single player mod I've ever played was Stefan Gagne's HeX coda. It too was supposed to be a premium mod but was rejected by WotC for not being Forgotten Realms. Gagne was offered an opportunity to do others but IIRC he turned it down. He started a sequel for HeX coda but never finished it.

Bah. You guys are right. I've just finished WW1 and it just transfered me to some area telling me that I should d/l WW2 when it's out. WW2 file must be just that temporary area file. Ok, that was crap. And I apologise.. I didn't know all nwn topics go to nwn2 section.

what kin I say dhruiny..its a NWN topic :D

no biggie on the topic, blob. the forum is about as active as Hidden Evil.

Hey, there's a lot of NWN fans here. We've been playing mods online via Team Corwin since the original OC was released. We're fans who want more mods for both versions, so long as they allow MP. NOTHING is as much fun as playing with friends online and enjoying an experience together!!

ah right, Team Corwin. I humbly apologize for forgetting about the obvious.

NWN was really designed as a multiplayer game run by a DM and that is the most fun way to play it.

I would have joined your team a lot sooner Corwin but with my own server, and then later, me avoiding NWN to get school work done, I could never make the time.1

Back
Top Bottom