PPG turned 10! (anyone still playing BG2 mods?)

P

purpleblob

A few days ago, Pocket Plane Groups turned 10!! As a huge PPG and IE game/mods enthusiast, I've decided to share this news with Watchers :)

LONG LIVE PPG & IE GAMES!

From Jason:

Aaaand, we're 10!

Pocket Plane Group turns 10 years old today, having launched the evening of March 31, 2004. Since then, hundreds of new mods have been developed for Infinity Engine games, and the games themselves have found their way onto platforms which didn't exist when we were starting out. Our work, and the contributions we've made to countless playthroughs during the past decade, remain an enormous source of pride. Thank you for your part in getting us this far, and we look forward to continuing to delight in the years ahead!

I never really got into using mods for any of the Infinty Engine games. I consider them to be close to perfect as they are.

I do recall seeing a mod for BGII that I intended to use sometime. It restored some high-level abilities that were cut from the game before it was released. It was actually made by one of the developers.

He also created a mod that made some of the boss fights in ToB even harder. I guess they were toned down before the game was shipped and the mod restored their original level of difficulty.

I'm about half way through BG2 EE with some trimmings from PPG! So yes! Happy Birthday PPG!

I remember using some very small mods in BG2, like one who permits Carsomyr being usable by any class (is one of the better weapons of the game and if you aren't a paladin, is problematic because the only paladin NPC leave your party after some time because of his family issues)

Back
Top Bottom