CDPR New count down clock on the Witcher web site

CD Projekt Red

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
There is a new count down clock on the Witcher website.

Looks like it for a new trailer called "The Trail"

Even with TW3 being my #1 most anticipated game right now, I have zero interest in this. A countdown for... a trailer?

And why would I want to see the intro for a game that's still months away from being released? I'd rather see that for the first time when I actually start the game.

Even with TW3 being my #1 most anticipated game right now, I have zero interest in this. A countdown for… a trailer?

And why would I want to see the intro for a game that's still months away from being released? I'd rather see that for the first time when I actually start the game.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this.

I don't get this trend of releasing intro trailers months ahead of release.

It completely spoils the opening of the game, and such a moment can be a very powerful experience when first playing it. It should set the mood and it should definitely NOT be familiar at that point.

It's almost as bad as how movie trailers reveal 75% of the movie these days.

I guess it's about suits and marketing, as so many bad things are.

I don't get this trend of releasing intro trailers months ahead of release.
Might be that studies have shown that this marketing strategy makes you sell more games.

I don't care about it. From the moment I decide to buy a game I usually ignore most of the buzz, so my experience won't be spoiled.

Might be that studies have shown that this marketing strategy makes you sell more games.

I don't care about it. From the moment I decide to buy a game I usually ignore most of the buzz, so my experience won't be spoiled.

For TW3, I'm not spoiling it - because I already know what I need to know.

But for games I don't really know about - I could easily watch such a trailer, perhaps not even knowing it's the actual introduction - and such a thing would lessen my experience.

Exactly like what I sometimes do with movie trailers, because I'm trying to figure out if it's worth watching or not. Then I end up spoiling half the movie for myself.

It's gotten so bad that I almost never watch trailers anymore - and there are countless movies that go by without me knowing about them. Most are probably crap, but there's no doubt I'm missing some of the good ones because I can't avoid spoiling them.

As such, I think it works against the art - and that's something I care about.

Personally I have stopped watching any video's on TW3 a long time ago and won't be watching anything more on the game. I do skim most of the postings here on the game.

Back
Top Bottom