Witcher 3 New Witcher 3 video from GDC

The Witcher 3
Shouldn't the thread title be:
nVidia advertisment from GDC

:D

Huh, I will definitely need a new pc for witcher 3 :)

It's a shame the quality of this video is so poor. It's blurry and washed out even at 1080p.

I hope those button prompts in the lower right of the screen are something that can be toggled off.

The random dialogue and the crowd's reaction starting at 1:55 was pretty funny. :)

So basically it's the same snorefest as witcher 2. Good to know.
You saw that wolf? He almost managed to take 1 pixel of the players health. Or that "special encounter"? Somewhere between the player blocking arrows with a sword while not even looking in the same direction and spamming that special ed guy to death, that guy almost did something that looked like the start of an attack animation that just might have hit the player if the player would have gotten tired of leftclicking for a few seconds.

Codex troll alert!

So basically it's the same snorefest as witcher 2. Good to know.
You saw that wolf? He almost managed to take 1 pixel of the players health. Or that "special encounter"? Somewhere between the player blocking arrows with a sword while not even looking in the same direction and spamming that special ed guy to death, that guy almost did something that looked like the start of an attack animation that just might have hit the player if the player would have gotten tired of leftclicking for a few seconds.

Because videos demonstrating features of the game would work really well if the player died constantly, right

Because videos demonstrating features of the game would work really well if the player died constantly, right

It is virtually guaranteed that they will not change a single thing about the combat in the final release other than the amount of time you have to spam left clicks. No established dev ever did.

It is virtually guaranteed that they will not change a single thing about the combat in the final release other than the amount of time you have to spam left clicks. No established dev ever did.

The vast majority of demo videos have the game set at "God Mode" or the easiest setting possible, because that's how you get to demonstrate the game without worrying about dying so you ruin the presentation.

It's not rocket science.

The vast majority of demo videos have the game set at "God Mode" or the easiest setting possible, because that's how you get to demonstrate the game without worrying about dying so you ruin the presentation.

It's not rocket science.

Doesn't change that he won't take any damage if he can hitstun the enemy any way. Also rolling with invulnerability frames at no cost equals god mode.
The devs failed to realize that a game is only interesting if you can actually lose it, which of course doesn't include quick time events.
The devs knowledge of what makes a game and their ability is about 1000 years behind those of derp souls or mountain blade.
Yet their marketing ability is at the height of the time.

So Cepheiden what kind of games do you enjoy?

I enjoy games.
A "game" you can't lose, given at least standard hand eye coordination and reasoning abilities, isn't even a game.
Thats why games that produce lots of winners and losers are so much more popular over many years. Stuff like witcher or skyrim is only relevant until the next gfx benchmark is released.

Doesn't change that he won't take any damage if he can hitstun the enemy any way. Also rolling with invulnerability frames at no cost equals god mode.
The devs failed to realize that a game is only interesting if you can actually lose it, which of course doesn't include quick time events.
The devs knowledge of what makes a game and their ability is about 1000 years behind those of derp souls or mountain blade.
Yet their marketing ability is at the height of the time.

Maybe the game isn't really easy - you're just a god yourself? I mean, you seem to have both omnipotence and omniscience.

Also, I seem to recognise that power with just about as much conviction as I do with all the other gods around ;)

Seriously, though, you're blowing things way, way out of proportion - most likely because you're emotionally invested to an unhealthy degree, for whatever reason.

Cure? Stop obsessing and open your mind a bit.

First step would be to abandon the Codex :)

I enjoy games.
A "game" you can't lose, given at least standard hand eye coordination and reasoning abilities, isn't even a game.
Thats why games that produce lots of winners and losers are so much more popular over many years. Stuff like witcher or skyrim is only relevant until the next gfx benchmark is released.

What kind of games do you find really challenging that are also your favorite games?

Well, most of the gameplay elements was never the strong point of the Witcher series anyway.

However I love the C&C and immersion ( especially in towns ) / graphics / sounds / story, so I don't really care.

I enjoy games.
I bet you went to break a new record on Candy Crush Saga after posting this and in the meantime checked your crops in Farmville.

Look, nVidia presentation demo is not the game.
In visual demos, presenters are usually playing godlike characters.

I am always impressed with foilage movement from interaction with the player - this always amazed me in games like Gothic 3, Crysis, Farcry 2, Two Worlds 2 .. etc., and it looks beautiful in Witcher 3. It adds another layer of realism and interaction with the world.

I find it hilarious you are accusing him to be from codex when codex people don't like action rpgs. He complains TW3 not being hard and twitch enough, not that it is not oldschool enough.

Seriously, though, you're blowing things way, way out of proportion - most likely because you're emotionally invested to an unhealthy degree, for whatever reason.

Look who's talking. Coming from a guy that needs 2 consecutive posts to answer one of mine. Good one mate. You seem to have some real issues with this codex thing, so I will leave you to settle that by yourself, even though there is probably nothing to settle but the dust in your brain.

Look who's talking. Coming from a guy that needs 2 consecutive posts to answer one of mine. Good one mate. You seem to have some real issues with this codex thing, so I will leave you to settle that by yourself, even though there is probably nothing to settle but the dust in your brain.

Alrighty ;)

Back
Top Bottom