Return of the Daily Smile

Well Cm, one of the teachers at our local hip hop dance school sports No. 2. He's maybe 30 (definitely not 60+), and it's not really a bald spot but, well... let's just say a clown would wear his hairdo with pride.
And funnily enough, it doesn't look funny at all. It fits the guy perfectly and even adds to his overall style...

Senior Dress Code

Many of you/us over 60, WAY over 60, or on the way to 60 are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashion.

In spite of what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals
2. Spiked hair and bald spots
3. A pierced tongue and dentures
4. Miniskirts and support hose
5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads
6. Speedo's and cellulite
7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
10. Pierced nipples that hang below the waist
11. Bikinis and liver spots.
12. Short shorts and varicose veins.
13. Inline skates and a walker.

And the ultimate 'Bad Taste' in fashion for the older folks...
14. Thongs and Depends.

Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

You younger ones, well you'll be there sooner then you think...

I have this strange feeling that Cm has tried out most of those herself (especially number 10 :p )!! Bart only knows. :)

I think I've seen this before, but it's worth a re-post:

[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ubject: Stella Awards....A MUST READ FOR ALL[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'! For those who are unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico where she purchased the coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right?

That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy.

Here are the Stella's for the past year:

7TH PLACE :
Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

6TH PLACE :
Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles, California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Go ahead, grab your head scratcher.

5TH PLACE :
Terrence Dickson, of Bristol, Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT, days on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish.

Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We should all have this kind of anguish. Keep scratching. There are more..

4TH PLACE :
Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Grrrrr ... Scratch, scratch.

3RD PLACE :
Amber Carson of Lancaster , Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor ... Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?

Scratch, scratch, scratch. Hang in there; there are only two more Stella Awards to go...

2ND PLACE :
Kara Walton, of Claymont, Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure.

1ST PLACE : (May I have a fanfare played on 50 kazoos please)
This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just incase Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Are we, as a society, getting more stupid...? [/FONT]

No we as a society aren't getting more stupid, just the american, the alreadfy did one smart thing and voted aobama, no space for other brainuse

I don't use the white background!! :)

No we as a society aren't getting more stupid, just the american, the alreadfy did one smart thing and voted aobama, no space for other brainuse

Funny that you would say that after all the corruption in our country, titus. Btw, it isn't a good thing to say the American society grows more stupid when you write some spell errors. It kinda takes away your point ;)

well I do have the excuse that it is not my mother language.
But know, didn't meant it that serious either.
But I do agree with the point that the society of human mankind is getting more stupid in general, while an other part, they are getting more awake.

That cruise control joke is a recycling of a very offensive one frequently made around here during the first Gulf War about two Iraqis in a lavish RV--and probably before that about some other ethnic group. Kind of poetic justice that someone brought it around this way.

2641516811_ae293e7576.jpg

That cruise control?

Übereil

My son not only made me smile today, he made me LOL. He's five and desperately in love with Minnie Mouse, and when I came back from work today...

Sonny: "Mommie, please buy me a costume."
Jaz: "But you already have several costumes: clown, cowboy, parrot, tiger..."
Sonny: "I want a Minnie costume."
Jaz: "A mini costume?"
Sonny: "A Minnie costume! As in Minnie Mouse."
Jaz: "...a Minnie costume." Brief pause. "You're a boy, right?"
Sonny: "Please, Mom, I'll wear it just at home!"

uhm that makes you wonder what will happen if he grows up. Will he wear it only at home later too :p

Yeah, well, at that age I was a cross-dresser myself, and I still slip back into this habit (muahaha) from time to time.

It is accepted for a girl, but a whole other story for a guy, weird isn't it?

Oh well My mom put me in clothes when I was just a small boy, she always wanted a girl. And look now, she has a hairy son :p

somethign liek that. shudders

My wife was watching TV today; it was a program that was basically nothing but clips filmed onboard Swissair planes all over the world, with no commentary. This conversation between a steward and a hostess caught my ear and gave me a giggle:

- I upgraded a passenger to business.
- Why? What happened?
- There was this [nationality omitted] lady who said she didn't want to sit next to this black man because, I quote, he's fat and he smells.
- Ridiculous!
- Well, I thought there would be trouble if I didn't split them up.
- What, and you upgraded her?
- No. Him.

Back
Top Bottom