Witcher 3 - Redefining the RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has a new video from VG247 with Designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, and Lead Gameplay Designer Maciej Szczesnik.

The topic of the video is about claiming the game is going to redefine the RPG. That is a bold claim indeed, and I really hope it comes true.

More information.

Wow... I really love the scene at 2:07. A town that really looks alive. :)

The first thirty seconds (or more) once again reaffirms what platform this game was developped for. So much for posters who insisted this game belonged to PC gaming...
No, chaps, it is a console game, X box one game.

The first thirty seconds (or more) once again reaffirms what platform this game was developped for. So much for posters who insisted this game belonged to PC gaming…

Next gen consoles are basically PC. No difference except controller-mouse

Either TW3 really impresses the gaming journos or they tripled their marketing budget . The daily coverage would suggest it's a week rather than half a year from being released.

I'm not sure I'm for "redefining" RPGs. They might redefine it to something I don't like. Imho, they throw the RPG tag around too liberally already.

Still, I'm hopefull TW3 is something I'll like. I couldn't finish TW2 first try because of the combat (no strafing/backpedal). Now, even with the FCR mod, I find it still can't hold my attention for long and I haven't played it in 2 days. Looking at their videos, combat still looks unresponsive/too flashy.

The first thirty seconds (or more) once again reaffirms what platform this game was developped for. So much for posters who insisted this game belonged to PC gaming…

Eh? Firstly, it will be out on the PS4 as well. And secondly, you get all that from the first 30 seconds? :|

Redefining? Seriously? Well, the other two didn't do that, I guess this one is the next great hope.

Redefining? Seriously? Well, the other two didn't do that, I guess this one is the next great hope.

Well since they're creating a vast open world which is narrative-driven, it could be considered redefining the genre. Who knows? We'll see when it arrives.

You can't redefine it - we haven't gotten done defining it yet!

Yes, RPG redefined, as in Random Promiscuous Girls. ;)
OH! Well, that's OK then. ;)

Christ, and I do not like starting anything that way. If there is a company that can pull of something new do you not think it is CD?

Are you trying to tell you forget what the TW1 did where other companies were not. Sure TW2 may or may not have lived up to what some were wanting from the game but it was no DA2.

I somethings think there is nothing any that will make people happy. Isn't enough they are trying to do something GREAT. Even if it only ends up being great.

Hyperbolic hype makes me soooooo sad….. boohoo…

It's more fun to make fun of it.

Certainly, I am looking forward to TW3, since open world games are my favorite in the genre. But it will "redefine" the genre? C'mon get serious… You should know beetter than to believe the hype.

Good improvements are very possible. Redefining a genre that has been defined over 30 years, extremely unlikely. It's probably a polish -> english translation thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom