Mass Effect - Beyond Gender Choice @ GameCritics

DArt - Late to the party but there's something to be said for taking things w/ a grain of salt, i wish that I could be more like that. The inverse is taking everything wayyy too seriously, and coming off as an emotional spazz. Nobody likes that, and it's embarrassing to boot and gives you high blood pressure.

Could you clarify what you're talking about?

True, dat.

harrison-ford-picture-3.jpg

Somehow, I don't think that you'll find too many women with those kinds of wrinkles, droops, and hair who still qualify as sex symbols.

We got it good, brothers.

Are you sure its not mainly the money, fame and power that draws women to these old men? If youd see unknown wrinkled "harrison ford" -looking 60yo bum on the street corner do you think 18yo women would want to jump into bed with him? In the least I dont think it would be very common among women.

As for old women. Do you think there are no men who are interested of older women or/and want to marry them for i.e money reasons? Even the hollywood actresses surely have had younger companions.

From my personal experience I have many 20-30 yo male friends who are married or date both 6-8 years younger AND older women. Of course the age difference isnt much. I know only one 50 yo male who dated late 30yo woman but it was short lived and money was part of it.

For one I think there is one age advantige but its mainly from 30-40. Women who dont yet have children start to run out of time during that period while men are not in hurry.

Could you clarify what you're talking about?

many posts back, you were rambling on in your usual fashion about not caring what other people think of you, etx. I'm just saying that in my opinion it's a good trait to have to some degree, as opposed to living and dying by what other people think of you and taking things too seriously.

many posts back, you were rambling on in your usual fashion about not caring what other people think of you, etx. I'm just saying that in my opinion it's a good trait to have to some degree, as opposed to living and dying by what other people think of you and taking things too seriously.

Like with most things, there are good and bad aspects to it :)

To clarify(?) he does care what other people think because othervice he wouldnt spend so much time arguing with them here. But he doesnt care what people think i.e of his methods of arguing. Just wondering.

I think you're using the wrong words.

Sean and Jack are attractive males, not sex symbols.

That's actually the gist of the difference you're talking about.

So I agree with you, I just wanted to point out what I think is a key point to appreciate.

By "sex symbol" I meant something "a famous individual widely considered to be attractive, and a model to emulate for other people who want to be attractive." AFAICT that doesn't really contradict what you're saying. Do you disagree, or do you mean something else by "sex symbol?"

Once women stop being sexually desirable, they're no longer attractive.

That. But a related point is that men don't (necessarily) stop being sexually attractive once they get visibly old -- wrinkles, gray hair, that sort of thing. That's IMO a key difference.

Are you sure its not mainly the money, fame and power that draws women to these old men? If youd see unknown wrinkled "harrison ford" -looking 60yo bum on the street corner do you think 18yo women would want to jump into bed with him? In the least I dont think it would be very common among women.

Not sure at all, and IMO it doesn't really make a difference. Hillary Clinton is rich and powerful, but I don't think too many people consider her sexually attractive. IOW, what works for men, doesn't work for women.

As for old women. Do you think there are no men who are interested of older women or/and want to marry them for i.e money reasons? Even the hollywood actresses surely have had younger companions.

I'm sure there are. Sexual tastes are enormously varied. But men who are attracted to (visibly) old women, or men who want to marry rich old women for money, are considered outside the norm, right?

By "sex symbol" I meant something "a famous individual widely considered to be attractive, and a model to emulate for other people who want to be attractive." AFAICT that doesn't really contradict what you're saying. Do you disagree, or do you mean something else by "sex symbol?"

I'm not certain what the general perception of a sex symbol is, but I would guess it includes physical attractiveness and a desire to have sex with the person exclusively for the sexual experience.

That's certainly what I personally associate with the concept.

So, I think I agree with what you really mean.

But it's sort of a grey area, and I'm sure many people would use the term in the same way as you did.

That. But a related point is that men don't (necessarily) stop being sexually attractive once they get visibly old — wrinkles, gray hair, that sort of thing. That's IMO a key difference.

Well, that can go for both sexes. Obviously, we're talking rather extreme generalisation here.

But, if we take Jack Nicholson and Sean Connery - and take their visual appearance today, I doubt a lot of women find them particularly "fuckable" - lacking a better word.

Attractive? Sure.

Sex symbols? Not in my view - but definitely attractive to be with, because if you're with attractive people, the general perception seems to be that you enhance your own attractiveness. Some people even seem to find their own personal value through those they associate with.

Not that I personally agree, but that seems to be a relatively common understanding.

But I think it's safe to say that women are traditionally "conditioned" to go after males with power and importance, and it's not hard to understand why - if we look at the historical division of those things.

As such, it might be less clear when pure physical desire stops, and a more general attraction becomes the primary motivator.

But, if we take Jack Nicholson and Sean Connery - and take their visual appearance today, I doubt a lot of women find them particularly "fuckable" - lacking a better word.

Attractive? Sure.

That was my point too. Similarily i have found hillary clinton attractive too (atleast I register such memory hit) but have never considered actually having sex with her.

True, dat.
harrison-ford-picture-3.jpg

Somehow, I don't think that you'll find too many women with those kinds of wrinkles, droops, and hair who still qualify as sex symbols.

We got it good, brothers.

I see your Jack, Sean and Harrison and raise you a Michelle, Jane, Demi and Madonna. ;)

Ther aren't too many, but there are still a few sex symbols out there that aren't in their 20's or 30's. If we're just talking age and not having the looks of a droopy Jack Nicholson.

michelle-pfeiffer.jpg

jane-seymour-062206.jpg

ashton-kutcher-demi-moore-construct.jpg

And of course the queen of sex.
2009_0217_ap_madonna_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom