The "I Just Bought" thread

"Brave New World" is here within the canon of the "must read" books - together with "1984" and "The Wave".
Everybody reads them, I think, at school - and some people put "Amusing ourselves to death" to that list as well.

"Lehrer" means "teacher", by the way.

Terry Prattchett, NOT Neil Gayman !

Yep, this one...

Well, I double-ckecked ...

I can honestly blame it on the head cold, however : I have mysteriously caught one ...

Since yesterday I can't think like I normally do (did someone say "what a relief !" ? ) and my head aches a tiny bit. I just hate this condition, like I don't like feeling sick in general.

Thanks. It's only a minor nuisance to me, I get it once in a year, I think, so I'm already used to it. ;)

Neil Gaiman, not GAYman! Jeeze, some people…

Not my fault. This is how the Chezh friends of my mom suggested me to try reading. This Chezh friend of hers couldn't remember his surname and gave me his surname somehow… :/

I'm reading "The Dream Hunters" right now. :) Tried the first of the 10 volumes and was very good. :)

I couple of years ago, Porcupine Tree visited my hometown. I didn't go to the concert, which I've regretted ever since. I'm therefore very happy with my latest purchase, two concert DVD's: "Arriving Somewhere" (the Deadwing tour) and Fear of a Blank planet's "Anesthetize" (actually a Blu-ray).

Here are two songs from the first DVD:

The Sound of Muzak and Blackest eyes

I couple of years ago, Porcupine Tree visited my hometown. I didn't go to the concert, which I've regretted ever since.

I had the almost exact same problem with the Bangles, especially grave since their bassist retired after the "Dolls" tour.

Duke Nukem forever is on sale on Steam. At 10 euros I thought it can't be that bad…….

Eh….

I just bought me a Kindle, the one with a little keyboard and wi-fi. I always feel a little bit guilty after buying a gadget like this which I don't strictly need and to be honest am not even that excited about. But I'm sick of paying mega bucks for new books, which are ~30 dollars Australian generally. I'm able to buy them from the U.S / UK much cheaper than that but then I feel guilty about the damage I'm doing to the environment by shipping them half way round the world. So much guilt, and I'm not even a Catholic.

Anyway I read a lot of books so it'll pay for itself in no time; whether or not it can replace that feeling of holding a proper book in my hands remains to be seen.

Skyrim pre-order, ~$18 from IniKeys with a promo code. Gonna try my best not to order anything from Steam anymore, their prices sickens me.

KeyPad Pro for my ipad. Turns the ipad into a wireless keyboard, great for setting up informative keyboard layouts for those (PC) apps that has tons of keyboard shortcuts (Blender, 3D studio etc). Seems good so far..

Raw Coffee beans "Yellow Bourbon" (Brazil), I love those beans, super sweet flavour, my current favorite.

Last edited:
Raw Coffee beans "Yellow Bourbon" (Brazil), I love those beans, super sweet flavour, my current favorite.

You home roast ? (these are for French press I presume ?)

Where do you buy your beans from ?

Yes i roast them myself. I buy them from a swedish shop: www.baristashopen.se, i usually have the beans the day after.

I'm using the Bialetti Brikka (2-cup) stove top espresso maker, which i've had for many years, it even creates a nice crema, which usually is just seen with more expensive espresso machines.

Recently i bought the OE Pharos (amongst the best hand grinders there is):
pharos1.JPG

So it's very possible to create great espresso even if you're on a budget :)

Thanks, I'll look them over.

I looked at the Pharos. Looks very interesting (conical burrs and all). But I have blown my Coffee budget for the next decade or so alas (Got a Super Jolly and an Andreja Premium in the last couple of years not to mention my original set of a Rocky and Gaggia classic from a few years back).

I must admit I do not try SOs for espresso often but usually buy blends (But I need them
to work on press to). Have you tried those brazilians on any other method except the bialetti ?

P.S On what do you roast ? (I use my silly little behmor, tough to work with but it gets the job done if you are constantly on top of it during the roast)

JonNik: no i haven't tried them on anything other than the bialetti. I use my oven to roast, it's not perfect but it gets the job done, beats buying old beans at least :) Eventually i think i will buy one of those roasting machines.. You seem to have a pretty good setup there!

Tanno: I didn't know that :)

I use my oven to roast, it's not perfect but it gets the job done, beats buying old beans at least :) Eventually i think i will buy one of those roasting machines..

The Behmor is a very good value for money if you ever make the leap. You just need to fool around with opening the door at strategic points during the roast to keep temps in
check and to stop the roast at your preferred point/cool the beans in the end.

You seem to have a pretty good setup there!

Heh, good enough to know that if I don't get good coffee its all my fault.

Back
Top Bottom