Upcoming RPGs of 2013 - @ RPG Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bob points out RPG Site's Upcoming RPGs of 2013, with a mix of western and jRPG choices:
Mistborn (PC, Mac, 360, PS3)
Release Date: Fall 2013
Developer: Little Orbit

Synopsis: Based on the series of popular fantasy novels by author Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn is set several hundreds of years before the first book. In a dark and dangerous world dominated by the immortal demon Lord Ruler, there are a select number of individuals who can use powerful magic known as Allomancy. This rule-based ability grants users to temporarily enhance their physical and mental capabilities by ingesting and “burning” pieces of metal. Those who are only able to burn a single metal are called Mistings, and those that can burn all metals are called Mistborn, the most powerful of their class. Fendin “Fiddle” Fathvell is a pretentious young nobleman who after realizing he himself possessed the powers of Allomancy must master them before a foreboding force destroys his family.

Worth Noting: Brandon Sanderson is already an accomplished author who not only penned the entire series of novels and will be doing the writing on Mistborn, but who also worked on Infinity Blade II and Infinity Blade: Awakening. He also took over for Robert Jordan after his passing to finish the wildly popular Wheel of Time series. Little Orbit may have very little experience as a game developer in the industry having only worked on a handful of titles few have ever heard about, but it will be interesting to see what they can come up with on a bigger budget.
More information.

The list ain't bad. Would be better if they've completely skipped MMOs and added kickstarted RPGs.

wow, awesome list. I bought a PS3 like 6 years ago because I love jRPGs (specifically the turn-based or quasi-turn-based ones) and the PS2 was the king of RPGs in the previous generation, and yet for the PS3 there are very few even to this day. But in this list, it's like every other game will be PS3 only... score!
Also excited about some of the MMOs they mentioned.

The list ain't bad. Would be better if they've completely skipped MMOs and added kickstarted RPGs.

I would rather they skipped the useless Jrpg's-no disrespect just not my cup of tea

Only ones I am looking forward to are Sacred 3 and the new Divinity game and the Neverwinter MMO which they left out

I would be surprised to see DA3 this year and Elder Scrolls Online either

wow, awesome list. I bought a PS3 like 6 years ago because I love jRPGs (specifically the turn-based or quasi-turn-based ones) and the PS2 was the king of RPGs in the previous generation, and yet for the PS3 there are very few even to this day. But in this list, it's like every other game will be PS3 only… score!
Also excited about some of the MMOs they mentioned.

I cant wait for Ni No Kuni out next week in europe. It's been some long years waiting but it's finally here =D

Watch_Dogs is not a RPG.

They put 2 MMORPG in that list and left out Neverwinter (which is based on 4e D&D). FFXIV is a restart as well...

A somewhat depressing list if you ask me. Only two titles (Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2) that really interest me. South Park to a lesser degree.

I'll pay attention to DA3 with the faint hope that it will be closer to DA:O than DA2, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The jRPGs on the list seem even more Japanese than usual.

Legends of Dawn (PC due Feb/Mar) looks like it's going to be pretty good and isn't on the list. It's a pretty major effort by a small East European Indie.

A somewhat depressing list if you ask me. Only two titles (Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2) that really interest me. South Park to a lesser degree.

I'll pay attention to DA3 with the faint hope that it will be closer to DA:O than DA2, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The jRPGs on the list seem even more Japanese than usual.

I basically wrote what you wrote then realized you already wrote it. Thanks for stealing my thunder...

Legends of Dawn (PC due Feb/Mar) looks like it's going to be pretty good and isn't on the list. It's a pretty major effort by a small East European Indie.

I have to admit I'm excited by this one too. One suggestion for that team and it doesn't have anything to do with the game: To the woman in the kickstarter videos: Yes, you're attractive and you sound like you truly love the game you are building... but the cheesy showing-off-your-looks shots downgrade the appearance of your team's professionalism. I cringe everytime I see those shots in your vids. You have a good looking game, no need at all to try to sex it up like that...

that list could rightly be named 'anime games of 2013'

I'm curious to see what will they do with the brown landscape in Mistborn (there's no green vegetation).

Divinity: Original Sin and Wasteland 2 are on my list too, but I would also have prefered to take out the jrpgs and replace them by kickstarter and indie RPGs.

Missing on the list are Games like
1. Avadon 2: The Corruption and Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (whichever comes first, and hopefully this year)
2. Malevolence
3. Barkley 2
4. Antharion
5. Shadowrun Online

Edit: Add Chaos Chronicles! :)

Lord Ruler really? i wonder how people can write high fantasy when they have zero imagination.

I will check out Sacred 3 .

LoL Brandon Sanderson was put in charge on continuing the Wheel of Time saga... do you even know what that means?

Just what IS the attraction to games with those cute little candy-colored, doe-eyed, cartoon kids? I can see if you're an 11-year-old, but other than that? Seriously? I can't turn the page, pass the aisle, or click the screen fast enough to avoid them.

Don't totally ignore the Jrpgs since at least 2 of them have choices & consequences. The Witch and the Hundred Knights and Soul Sacrifice both have C&C based on the descriptions for them in the article.

No anime please!

What about choas chronicles?

Also curious to check out omertà: city of gangsters but they classify it as turn based strategy.

Back
Top Bottom