The DArtagnan is a terrible person thread

Go play some games, RPGWatch. :p Leave our resident sophist to his rest and save the summoning for when the real trolls need a good DArting away.

I always liked Dart and it seemed we enjoyed the same kind of games. We were the only 2 on this site who played ESO at the beginning and liked it.

D'artagnan was pain in the ass sometimes, but always good for discussion.
And where is Unrestigered? It's too normal without them.

There's some serious Stockholm Syndrome going on in this thread the last few days.

We say the same of you lackblogger when you go missing. :)

Me? I barely touch 90% of the threads. I'd be amazed if half the regular posters/lurkers even recognised my name.

Me? I barely touch 90% of the threads. I'd be amazed if half the regular posters/lurkers even recognised my name.

It's probably the 10% of threads you fondle that they remember you by.

I always enjoyed Darts post - wouldn't mind seeing him freed.

Me too. I would skip what I called the "argument game" threads and enjoy the rest of his stuff. An argument thread is where it was DArt and one or two other people dominating a thread and where it normally veered WAY off-topic. If it was DArt and 15 other people then I considered that more of a normal thread; even if it too went way off topic.

I like when DArt posts because he occasionally makes me think about something in a different way. He is very, very, verbose though :D At least he is verbose in an understandable way. Chien~ is verbose, but I can't understand anything he says. It looks like English, but its meaning is indecipherable ;)

As he tends to decrease forum activity when playing a good game and as he is a sucker for exploration, I think he's still occupied with investigating every square inch in Fallout 4. ;)

I would say his new girlfriend just laid the law down to him if he wants to continue their relationship and video games are over with. Dart would just answer that bit of info is only in my reality as he would say that about everyone's response here.
I miss the debating as he would never give in his position to score any kind of forum points.

Mostly likely a real world issue, just hope it's not too terrible and he updates us one day.

I think The DArt is clawing his way to freedom out of some crazed Scandinavian's soundproof basement this very moment. That sort of thing is very common up there, or so I've heard.

I would say his new girlfriend just laid the law down to him if he wants to continue their relationship and video games are over with.

If he treats her even remotely like I've seen him treat anyone, then he would simply give her some withering insult, destroy her as a person, and send her away in tears. :) I would personally doubt that's the case...

With all the hateful hyperbole flowing in this thread when he's not even here to defend himself, could we really blame him if he moved on?

Me too. I would skip what I called the "argument game" threads and enjoy the rest of his stuff. An argument thread is where it was DArt and one or two other people dominating a thread and where it normally veered WAY off-topic. If it was DArt and 15 other people then I considered that more of a normal thread; even if it too went way off topic.

I like when DArt posts because he occasionally makes me think about something in a different way. He is very, very, verbose though :D At least he is verbose in an understandable way. Chien~ is verbose, but I can't understand anything he says. It looks like English, but its meaning is indecipherable ;)

The reason this is significant for the Watch, is that he's the first public poster that combines all the core elements of the complete package.

It's all the vital forum posting technology coming together - and it means the future will be more about adding arguments, criticizing and disagree than developing new ideas.

Hopefully, this also means we'll see a lot more visible progress from him, where it's been mostly behind-the-scenes stuff so far.

As he tends to decrease forum activity when playing a good game and as he is a sucker for exploration, I think he's still occupied with investigating every square inch in Fallout 4. ;)

This is useless without details.

Game playing can mean anything in terms of actual unique content and detail.

You could play a single game with more unique content than the entirety of Fallout 4 if it was large enough.

All gamers, PC or not, have generic or repetitive comments to post- as we don't have the ability or resources to create unique ideas to build from.

For instance, if you create a thousand wooden tables for a game - chances are they're made up of exactly the same core textures and models - because we're not dealing with trees that have been cut down, but mostly identical 3D table meshes and wood textures.

So, I have to play the game to get an idea of how much unique and "interesting" distinct content we're talking about.

Let's just say I'm sceptical this is 3 times bigger than Witcher 3 AND has more content than generic repetitive content made to LOOK like I'm playing. Handplaced might be a better word

That said, if you look past the posts, comments and dialogue for the Watch - a lot of the forum content is generic and obviously cookie-cutter. As such, the size of The Watch is quite misleading if you expect something with a ton of variety to match it.

I would say his new girlfriend just laid the law down to him if he wants to continue their relationship and video games are over with. Dart would just answer that bit of info is only in my reality as he would say that about everyone's response here.
I miss the debating as he would never give in his position to score any kind of forum points.

Mostly likely a real world issue, just hope it's not too terrible and he updates us one day.

Girlfriends are mostly completely optional and they're just there for people who want something extra to do on occasion. I enjoy having them for character progression and looting without exhausting any of the limited content.

I have no idea why that's a problem - but then I remember how many people dislike having optional stuff that's not developed with them in mind.

That said, girlriends could be better about making their optional nature clear to the poster.

I think The DArt is clawing his way to freedom out of some crazed Scandinavian's soundproof basement this very moment. That sort of thing is very common up there, or so I've heard.

No, because it's completely insufficient.

I have no problem with research - I have a problem with stupid conclusions made public from a position of authority.

Should we restrict stupidity? No, I'm not in favor of mass genocide.

If he treats her even remotely like I've seen him treat anyone, then he would simply give her some withering insult, destroy her as a person, and send her away in tears. :) I would personally doubt that's the case…

That is largely my point.

Females are also separate from "dating" because the former is not necessarily subject to approval bu your parents.

My core point is that girlfriends are selfish - it makes more sense to look at the overall environment and what the parents themselves are like.

If you want to look at why these girlfriends don't feel like sharing in a fantasy environment - then perhaps you need to look at the cause = their real environment and their parents, not whatever those parents use as inspiration or a guide - because we all know that relationships can be used and interpreted every which way.

Also, I when I look at the countries they've elected to include, I wonder how they arrived at them.

I'm sure you're aware that the "dating" traditions differ quite significantly from country to country.

With all the hateful hyperbole flowing in this thread when he's not even here to defend himself, could we really blame him if he moved on?

I seem to remember concluding hyperbole on The Watch was crap, much like most modern gaming news sites.

However, I don't remember why

7/10

now profess your love for Gilian Anderson and get your picture taken with a dog, and the illusion is near perfect.

Lucky Day that was great :)
I see what you did there.
+1

People are sort of mocking him but I don't really see the hate. Based on the replies most people wants him back. I would even go far as to say Dart has bit of fan following here at the watch and thats love :lol:

Back
Top Bottom