Pricewatch!

Weekend promo at GoG: Activision RPGs 30% off. That's Arcanum, Vampire Masquerade: Redemption, Betrayal at Kondor and Return to Kondor for $4.19 each.

Betrayal at Krondor is an absolute masterpiece. When I returned to BaK more than a decade later I could still remember many details - which is normally not the case. Great TB combat, great story, flexible char development, very good soundtrack (in the CD version!) - and a lot of everything. See the other thread a couple of months ago. The first gen 3D graphics (high end in ca. 1993!) are hard to stomach though. There's a certain chance you'll puke over your keyboard before you can appreciate how good BaK is. ;)

Return to Krondor is pretty much the opposite. Superb graphics at its time (King's Quest 8 engine), should still be tolerable today. Everything a bit simplified. Still a complex game compared to all these action-RPGs, but back then it was quite a shock how the successor to a hardcore RPG could be so newbie friendly. It's nice fast food for a long weekend. Maybe 25 hours. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Its lasting value is limited though.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see I hadn't bought Return to Krondor yet ... quickly remedied ;)

I remember the 2 Krondor titles with fondness - worth buying.

Note that BaK also includes the Betrayal in Anatara. I don't know if this is any good since I could never get past a crash in the game. Tempted to buy to see what I missed. I seem to recall that it didn't get good reviews but I think that it was because the graphics by 1997 were regarded as "ugly" but if you are thinking of buying this pack then eye candy is not your prime priority.

I think I will buy.

Played Krondor Betrayal and Return. Both are great games - and totally different actually!
Gorath mentions the graphics in Return... And the music? I adored it. ;)

Never played Betrayal in Antara. Why? I played demo and was not happy with things shown in it, and then came bad reviews.

Betrayal at Krondor is an absolute masterpiece. When I returned to BaK more than a decade later I could still remember many details - which is normally not the case. Great TB combat, great story, flexible char development, very good soundtrack (in the CD version!) - and a lot of everything. See the other thread a couple of months ago. The first gen 3D graphics (high end in ca. 1993!) are hard to stomach though. There's a certain chance you'll puke over your keyboard before you can appreciate how good BaK is. ;)

Bought BaK, as well. :)
With all the praise this game is getting, I owe it to myself to give it a try.

Cool thing - if you head to Deals4Downloads you can search for a game and compare the current deal against all others since the site came around. Quite cool - and shows that this is a sweet deal for Batman!

just gives me a blank page

Media Markt in Germany has another 3 for XX special starting tomorrow. 3 games on mixed platforms cost 50€, including a couple of new titles like Brink. Also a couple of RPG included.
Similar deals for DVDs and BluRays.

Amazon.de already matched the prices.

Both have The Witcher 2 SE (or whatever the 50€ SKU is called) for 38€.

Drakensang Complete is 50% off on Impulse for $19.99. As expected, it is only for NA customers.

GOG.com has Spellforce Platinum on sale this week for $4.99. They also just added Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars to their library.

Back
Top Bottom