Installing KOA

S

sakichop

Just tried to install KOA. Got this message.

Page Load Error
Please reload this page by selecting "Redeem Product Code" from the settings dropdown menu. If the issue persists, please contact Origin Help.

Have gotten it multiple times. Origin is 0 for 2 had problems with crysis 2 as well.Bought the retail version for the manual. No manual it's on the dvd.

I'm installing it now. Took me about 15 minutes trying to figure how to set up an Origins account, only to realize that I already have an account with them that I started a freaking year ago when I bought DA2. So then I had to set up a new password, etc. Just really annoying. I had never heard of Origins, and I haven't logged into my EA account since I installed DA2 a year ago. I completely forgot I ever even signed up with EA.

I don't condone piracy, but the boneheaded ways these corporations set up their processes and "accounts" and such almost makes me consider it.

Vista 32b HP Intel P8600/AMD 4850 took a freaking HOUR to install c. 7.5GB (real GB not ghey phag business puke GB who can't comprehend non-base 10...)

I'm installing it now. Took me about 15 minutes trying to figure how to set up an Origins account, only to realize that I already have an account with them that I started a freaking year ago when I bought DA2. So then I had to set up a new password, etc. Just really annoying. I had never heard of Origins, and I haven't logged into my EA account since I installed DA2 a year ago. I completely forgot I ever even signed up with EA.

I don't condone piracy, but the boneheaded ways these corporations set up their processes and "accounts" and such almost makes me consider it.

same for me. I had another account that I set up for da2 which was ea account then. Using that account and it installed fine but wouldn't work on the account I set up last month for crysis 2.

Anyway it took about 10 minutes to install. Only played the dungeon that was in the demo so I don't know how the game is yet.

If EA wants origin to catch on they have some work to do. I now have 4 accounts with them. 1 that was my old bioware account, 2 from trying to install crysis 2 because I didn't know my bioware account would work and I had to open to 2 accounts to get crysis 2 to validate. I then opened another account for koa because the one I opened for crysis 2 would not validate with koa. I then did some research and found I could use my old bioware account and it did work for koa. Very weird.

I opened 1 account with steam years ago and have over 75 games on it and it's worked flawlessly the whole time.

Yeah, I went to redeem my code for the download version, and it said it was already redeemed. Then I wasted an hour chatting with some person that barely seemed to have a grasp of the english language. In the end they told me I'd have to delete the Origin thingie, resinstall it, and put in a new code....after playing the game for over 2 hrs already. I promptly told them to get bent, and that I'd never buy a thing from them ever again.

-Carn

How about using an XBox 360 controller. One should use cabled versions for PC, I've heard.

That's what I've read just yesterday, I think on Qt3. Supposedly a lot of devs don't test their PC ports with cordless controllers. Then it's hit or miss whether the game is as responsive as it should be on wireless.

I have no personal experience though.

That's what I've read just yesterday, I think on Qt3. Supposedly a lot of devs don't test their PC ports with cordless controllers. Then it's hit or miss whether the game is as responsive as it should be on wireless.

I have no personal experience though.

Hmm, sounds strange - but I don't really know.

But, in any case, KoA works great with a wireless receiver and 360 controller.

I highly recommend it as the way to play.

If you have a PS3, you can use the charge-cable to connect the PS3 controller to PC without extra cost. You can use the "MotionInJoy" utility to make it emulate a 360 setup. Works great as well.

You mean I can use a standard PS3 controller on the PC? I was thinking about buying a PS3. This would make it a bit more attractive. Do you have an Amazon link to such a cable?

You mean I can use a standard PS3 controller on the PC? I was thinking about buying a PS3. This would make it a bit more attractive. Do you have an Amazon link to such a cable?

You get a standard USB-miniUSB cable (like those used to charge a lot of phones and stuff) and a wireless controller when you buy a PS3 :)

Yes, if you use the right software - you can set it up as a cabled controller for PC - and you can emulate the 360 layout (the most common default layout in modern PC games that make use of the controller).

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

I've been using the PS3 tool from the above site - but I believe there are others available.

You can even make it wireless, if you have bluetooth in your PC - but I haven't personally tried that.

I use a cabled Xbox controller. Actually prefer cables since I don't have to deal with connection problems. I've had a few of those with buggy mice.

Speaking of gamepad software, if anyone ever want to use the XBox controller for a game that isn't set up for gamepads like Beyond Good & Evil then Xpadder is a good choice. Works perfectly for Beyond Good & Evil.

Again, even on hard mode, this game seems way too easy, at least so far. I'm using a build similiar to my Skyrim one except this time no archery, just a pure rogue stabber. It's pretty simple to sneak up even on hoards of mobs and start slaying left and right. Maybe it'll get harder later, I'm only level 8 right now. I really thought this game would be much harder than Skyrim, from the very start.

-Carn

The game was definitely designed for a controller but I don't think its bad with m&k. I play every game with m&k though even beat batman AA with m&k. Batman combat system was also much better than oak's Imo. It was more fluid and fighting multiple enemies was much better. Best action combat I've ever playes Imo.

Someone did an awful job with the pathing of the mobs.....it reminds me of playing EQ1 back in the 90's at some parts. I'm pretty sure the KoA people didn't intend for us to pull a room full of mobs, then pick them off 1 by 1 as they wander home, yet this is totally doable. I'm enjoying the crafting and exploring, but how they just missed the boats on some basics totally floors me.

-Carn

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to play with an Xbox controller? Or explain it to me?

Thanks.

During the tutorial it should use the xbox buttons instead of keyboard functions when explaining how to play the game. For example: Press X to do such and such.

I think it did anyways, I can't really recall. In almost all games you plug in and activate your controller the tutorials changed form keyboard and mouse to the gamepad. That's been my experience.

In the settings is there a setup for what type of controller you want to use? If so switch it and the tutorial will definitely change. I'll have to wait till Friday to see if I'm right or not about that. No retail KOAs over here yet so it's GamersGate for me :)

Edit: I just checked the demo and they got a really slick setup. You move the mouse then the text changes to keyboard based play. You move your joystick or push a button and it instantly changes to gamepad configuration showing you what buttons to press.

Go to the settings menu, keep clicking till you come to controls. Then push down till you hit controller and click. It will show you what buttons do what functions.

Hope that helps.

skavenhorde -thanks. Didn't think it'd be as easy as plug and play. At some point in the past I remember installing a Microsoft driver or app that enabled the Xbox controller, but I never got around to trying it out. I've been insanely busy with real life.

Back
Top Bottom