Endless Legend - A New 4X Strategy Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well thanks to Dart mentioning the following game I thought I would share it on the forums. The game is called Endless Legend form Amplitude Studios

Link - https://amplitude-studios.pepitastore.com/legend/

Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.

As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumor, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.

You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
The game is also available on Steam Early Access for $31.49.

Link- http://store.steampowered.com/app/289130/

Why Early Access?

“Amplitude Studios thanks to the GAMES2GETHER platform wants to propose a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Early Access is just one mean, but a significant one, on how we want to interact with the community to make our games the best they can get. Let's create GAMES2GETHER!

Endless Legend is a rich and deep turn-based 4X strategy game: the game is changing at each update thanks to the community feedback that is more than helpful to us to tune the AI, work on the faction balancing, and generally improve the game experience.”

How long will this game be in Early Access?

“If everything go as planned, Endless Legend will be released by the end of this Summer 2014.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version? “What can you expect from this Beta?

A real experience! The game includes a lot of single player and multiplayer gameplay features and it looks, plays and feels almost like a final game.

In addition to a final polishing and balancing round, we are still working on a couple of additional elements until the release of the game such as:

• 2 additional major factions including the community created "Cultists"
  • 4 new minor factions including the Ice Wargs from the Founder Pack
  • a special Vaulters unit skin pack from the Founder Pack
  • a game introduction explaining the gameplay basics
  • 4 new victory conditions
  • custom factions
  • a lot of enhancements (retreat, in-game stats, faction introduction videos, etc…)
  • Steam achievements and trading cards
  • …and other surprises!
”What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“We’re recently reached the Beta stage of the game development with the implementation of the Multiplayer mode, 2 new Major Factions, the addition of Ships and Harbours, Roads and Trade Routes, an improved Diplomacy, Privateers, and much more!”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“During the Beta stage, the game can be acquired with a 10% discount to thank people for jumping into this adventure early on.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

Acquiring Endless Legend in "Early Access" will help us make the game the best it can get. Come and discuss with the dev team the upcoming art and game design elements via our GAMES2GETHER platform! If you want to support even more the development of the game, go for the Founder Pack! The more supporters we have during the Early Access, the better we'll be able to make the game for release! Create your own Legend!”
I also have two previews for more information.

Space Sector has the first preview.

Link - http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/08/endless-legend-preview/
Endless Legend already in my opinion offers a far superior experience to its older brother, Endless Space. You shouldn’t take this to mean I’m endorsing an immediate purchase of this title no questions asked. There are still a lot of things I need to really evaluate and judge once it releases, for example the effectiveness of the empire AI, which for the record I completely trounced on normal mode without any difficulty whatsoever. Normally I’d be quite concerned with poor empire AI play at this stage of development, but normal difficulty is in fact 4 levels below the hardest “Endless” difficulty. I will certainly be extensively testing the release version before presenting my review.

In addition, certain unit abilities and faction abilities, like the Ardent Mages’ tactical stun spell, felt a bit overpowered and may be better balanced by release. Endless Legend also lacks a finished tutorial and either has hidden or failed to offer a way to track how close you are to achieving certain victory conditions like you could in Endless Space. The good news is the game has multiple victory conditions to begin with, so now they just need to get them into an accessible location.

The combat system is also bound to be a deal breaker for some, and I’ll be going more in-depth on how it all works in the review. Endless Legend should be releasing by the end of summer. I’m excited to see the finished product
Gametrailers has a video preview.

Link- http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/p3i57v/endless-legend-preview
The future of 4X strategy looks bright as we take an early look at Endless Legen
The developer also a has few videos on YouTube.

Link- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbqlUyxx3_i5CB5tBKulGsw

So that's all what do you guys think?:spotlight-left::salute::spotlight-right:

I look forward to comparison with great Fallen Enchantress (LH).

BTW that trailer is really touching. Its better and much more emotional than famous Dead Island trailer.

I haven't tested the last few recent builds but I think this game has a lot of potential. You can subdue camps of non-playable races and use their unit to enhance your armies. The downside is you can only do this with one such race at a time. With the number and variety of camps I kind of feel like they missed a great opportunity with that. And there was a huge balance issue between ranged and melee since you can position ranged units on top of a cliff and butcher melee before they can ever hope of landing any damage. I do like how they approached research where advancing to the next age requires x amount of stuff unlocked in an age and you're free to pick what you want rather than following a linear tree.

Compared to LH you're going to have far less heroes and I don't remember there being quests in this like there is in LH. Armies tend to be smaller but the way height helps ranged units is a nice tactical advantage over LH.

I'd seen early previews on PC Gamer, and my fiance and I bought this almost immediately when it appeared on Steam. Endless Legend is rather striking and it will send you away with an opinion. The music and the general ambiance are lovely, and the faction idea is implemented well so far. As Greywolf said, it has huge potential.

I haven't played it in quite a while, but the early builds suffered from…ah, how to put this…"progression problems". The game felt slow, bulky, and unwieldy. Expansion, exploration, and empire building were slow and difficult. Since PC Gamer also pointed this out in an article a month or two ago, hopefully Amplitude has addressed some of these progression problems, making the game easier and more pleasing to play for long periods of time.

I for one am really excited to see how this title will shine as it moves closer to launch. I find it to be a beautiful game with a really bright future.

Thanks for the replies guys/gals as I agree its a game to watch out for. My only problem is with how they patch their games as Endless Space was a mess on release.

Thanks for the info, Greywolf.

I do like how they approached research where advancing to the next age requires x amount of stuff unlocked in an age and you're free to pick what you want rather than following a linear tree.

Yes, good idea.

Compared to LH you're going to have far less heroes and I don't remember there being quests in this like there is in LH.

Really? Quests are big plus for me.

Is there such great customization of units like in FE:LH?

Sorry I do a super terrible job checking on my previous posts. Sadly EL lacks the in depth customization of LH for units. Every civ has different pre-made units. If memory serves you do a little bit of customizing on a skill tree occasionally when they level up but it's been awhile. Heroes also have a static skill tree like LH.

There's also a big difference in combat. In LH you managed everything in combat (ie moves/attacks/special attacks). EL works a bit different. You set up the location of your troops on the deployment screen and then choose who to attack. The cpu handles it from there (although you can change targets/moves before having the cpu run the turn).

Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Amplitude Studios announced today the game will end early access on September 18th on Steam.

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/games/289130/announcements/detail/147813477958493478
Hey guys, We are officially releasing Endless Legend next week, on September 18th (probably around 7pm CEST). But that's not it. To celebrate the release, we have prepared another surprise for you!
They also released a new music trailer, and the soundtrack for free on BandCamp,

Last edited:
It's coming out just day before Wasteland 2:(.Oh well, chances are at least one of those game will need patching so I will play whichever game is more stable on release.

If interested it's actually cheaper in Gamefly by using this promo code: SEP15OFF

Any first impressions on the released game ?

It seems a touch more streamlined. Playing as the Vaulters, I noticed that research happened a lot faster, and that it was far easier to start out. Maybe empire-building won't feel like such a cumbersome, unwieldy process...but I have to play a whole lot more before I can tell you for sure. :)

Another update for another thread today as a New Mini Add-On called Shades of Alteration has been released with a new patch. Here are the details.

Endless Legend Celebrates Halloween with New Mini Add-On ‘Shades of Alteration’

Haarlem, The Netherlands – October 29th 2014 - Veteran Publisher Iceberg Interactive and award-winning developer Amplitude Studios are showing their spirit today by giving Endless Legend fans their first set of modding tools plus an all new Halloween-themed Quest. The highly popular 4X fantasy-strategy game that resonated with fans and critics this September on Steam will now offer powerful modding tools enabling gamers to add new faction traits, technology, city improvements, items, skills, and more, plus an all new Halloween-inspired quest: “A Tale from the Dark Season”. The quest will unlock a special Halloween prize for the players that complete it…

Our fans are the best, and we want to reward them with a modding tool that gives them the freedom to customize the game to their liking,” said Romain de Waubert, Creative Director at Amplitude Studios. “This is our special Halloween gift to the community – Trick and Treat!”

The modding tools include the ability to:
· Add a new faction trait
· Add a new technology
· Add a new city improvement
· Add a new item
· Add a new skill
· Change a resource
· Add a new quest
· Add or change text
· Add or change 2D assets

Following 2012’s seminal Endless Space, Endless Legend is Amplitude Studios’ terrain-centric take on the 4X fantasy-strategy genre. Replete with stunning graphics and innovative design, the dynamic French studio has created a unique fantasy gameplay in their science fiction-style Endless universe. Players will have the ability to pick one of eight beautifully crafted factions, thrust heroes into tactical battles and strategically exploit the map terrain, develop technological and political power, and conquer the planet through diplomatic or military means.

Endless Legend is available on Steam now at $34.99 (Classic Pack) or $44.99 (Founder Pack). For more on Endless Legend, follow Iceberg Interactive on Twitter @Iceberg_Int, ‘like’ it on Facebook, and watch it on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Amplitude Studios on Twitter @Amplitude, ‘like’ it on Facebook, and watch it on YouTube.

Modding tools! Awesome! I hope they make the game more moddable than Endless Space...

Back
Top Bottom