The TV Series discussion thread

It's true and there's already a fuss about it all over internet.
While I just can't believe it, the show is so good I expect someone else to pick the fourth season or even more. Warner Horizon will have no problems to shop it.

At least A&E didn't cancel it in half of the first season like Fox does with great shows. So thanks A&E.

Good. Anything that can shorten the backlog :)

I think utopia has yet to explode. It is just now he found out.

Started black lagoon too. First episode was very promising, a lot more accessible than stein

Near the end of season 1 of House of Cards. What a great show. Kevin Space is just amazing as Frank Underwood.

Just started this last night & can't wait to see episode 2. Even though the level of government is different than in the show Boss I cited before-- it is clear Boss wanted to be House of Cards. It falls short though I did enjoy it.

On a side note because I commented on Fargo in an earlier post. I just discovered that I never saw episode 10 from season one. I inadvertently thought #9 was the season finale so I didn't record #10. DAMN IT! And of course FX is not currently streaming Fargo as far as I can tell.

The original version of The Killing was great, although the actions of Sarah became somewhat predictable in the third season.
Even though they could have easily made a fourth season, the Danes know when to stop (not saying that all Danes know how to do that, but these do :))

I don't know, if the original version was anything like what I saw then clearly they didn't know when to stop as it would never have made it to season 2. Guess I'll have to wait for season 2 of True Detective for my dark crime drama fix-- or resume watching Dexter where I left off before.

it is clear Boss wanted to be House of Cards.

Boss came out 2 years before house of cards..

Watching Batman The Animated Series again.. truly a masterpiece :) especially the first season.

Finally finished season 2 of Breaking Bad. I paused a bit in the middle of the season as it got pretty slow but of course it got good again. Towards the end it was pretty nuts. Started Season 3 and I have no idea what to expect but I assume its gonna be good.

Finally finished season 2 of Breaking Bad. I paused a bit in the middle of the season as it got pretty slow but of course it got good again. Towards the end it was pretty nuts. Started Season 3 and I have no idea what to expect but I assume its gonna be good.

Season 3 is phenomenal but so was the entire series Imo. BB is easily one of the top 5 television shows I've seen. I wish I could erase it from my memory so I could watch it for the first time again.

So I finally did bite the bullet - or whatever it is called? - and signet up for Netflix. And I wonder everyday know why I didn't do this sooner than just this August in the year 2014.
So far I've discovered Battlestar Galactica from 1978, the Walking Dead, Stargate Atlantis and as well as the first seven seasons of Dr. Who....which I'm enjoying immensely..

Shame on you. I wanted it for a long time. Netflix is finally coming here. Unfortunately most isp's here have a monthly bandwidth limit (I got 100 gb). I hope that changes soon.

Still watching black lagoon and it is shaking up great, restores my faith in anime after Stein s gate

So I finally did bite the bullet - or whatever it is called? - and signet up for Netflix. And I wonder everyday know why I didn't do this sooner than just this August in the year 2014.
So far I've discovered Battlestar Galactica from 1978, the Walking Dead, Stargate Atlantis and as well as the first seven seasons of Dr. Who….which I'm enjoying immensely..

I've had it for years and years. What to watch if you like science fiction/fantasy? In no particular order:
- Star Trek, all episodes, all series.
- Farscape
- Doctor Who and BAttlestar Galactica you already mentioned
- Torchwood
- Stargate all series (though I didn't like the very last one, what was it named?)
- Firefly + Serenity
- Lost

(Above are must watch for me, below are good to watch depending on individual taste)
- Fringe
- The X Files
- Supernatural
- Chuck
- Warehouse 13
- Lost Girl
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Alphas
- Dollhouse
- Being Human
- The Tudors (not fantasy, but based on medieval England's Henry VIII)

They also have a whole bunch of fantasy/sci-fi Anime which I'm not a fan of (anime in general) but I hear some are pretty good, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, etc.

Any tips on recent great shows?

Last shows I've enjoyed:

Hannibal (so-so)
Walking Dead (first season was good, then it started sucking)
GoT (so-so)
Bates Motel (like it)
Dexter (first 4 seasons were great)
Broen (the original Bridge - which is fantastic)
True Detective (first half was almost perfect, second half was merely good)

Any tips on recent great shows?

Last shows I've enjoyed:

Hannibal (so-so)
Walking Dead (first season was good, then it started sucking)
GoT (so-so)
Bates Motel (like it)
Dexter (first 4 seasons were great)
Broen (the original Bridge - which is fantastic)
True Detective (first half was almost perfect, second half was merely good)

If you've not seen it yet, then Breaking Bad and House of Cards.
I also keep hearing good things about Vikings.

New season of doctor who ?

Two great older shows that come to mind are braking bad and the shield. Probably seen them, try one of those lists on imdb for inspiration

Oh, I forgot to mention Breaking Bad, as I've already seen that. Good show, if a tad overrated in my opinion.

The Shield is great - but I've seen that some years ago.

I've seen a few episodes of the new Doctor Who - and while I kinda liked the quirky nature of it, I'm not really sure it's for me.

But thanks for the recommendations ;)

Why does no-one (but me) ever mention Continuum when listing great SF shows?

Why does no-one (but me) ever mention Continuum when listing great SF shows?
Time travel backwards ain't science fiction, it steers way too much into the fantastical realm.

Back
Top Bottom