Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games

In other words, the iPad is NOT something you seek out for the purpose of gaming, but rather something you get for other reasons and then play games on.
I believe a possible exception is if you're primarily interested in adventure games - there are a lot of them, they mostly work perfectly well, they have humble hardware requirements and you can even find some that would feel less comfortable on pc (+ some interesting ones you can't get on pc at all)

AppleIntimidation is a blonde…

Wow… I can safely say that that's totally not how I imagined (s)he'd look like! :biggrin:

I believe a possible exception is if you're primarily interested in adventure games - there are a lot of them, they mostly work perfectly well, they have humble hardware requirements and you can even find some that would feel less comfortable on pc (+ some interesting ones you can't get on pc at all)

Well, the overwhelming majority of the ones I have played and been sent for review (which is well over 200 since the iPad came out on quick calc) have PC roots within the last 5 years. So I don't disagree, but when your game catalog is largely populated by ports of 2009 PC adventures ...

Well, the overwhelming majority of the ones I have played and been sent for review (which is well over 200 since the iPad came out on quick calc) have PC roots within the last 5 years. So I don't disagree, but when your game catalog is largely populated by ports of 2009 PC adventures …
That's true. I never cared wether a game is a port as long as it fits the platform though, so I tend to overlook that point. But the interesting thing with adventures is that the one thing the touchscreen controls fail to replicate is the one everyone hates: pixel hunting - which is a fair reason to prefer the platform. Not to mention that brand new ones are released more and more often.

Are there really more than 200? Are you counting hidden object games too? Because it seems that's too many.

Are there really more than 200? Are you counting hidden object games too? Because it seems that's too many.

I am sure there are multiple iPhone/iPad/Android versions of the same game, some time management and many, many hidden object games in there as well ... but with Big Fish, G5, and others pumping out a few games a month starting in 2010 ...

I'm not into adventure games, ,but a big part of the reason why I got the Ipad was to play board/card game ports on it. That's the one thing that the Ipad does do really well, and there are some really excellent ones on there, with more coming out all the time.

What is kind of funny is nintendo gamers have to wait over a year for the bravery defaul localization while we get great games on an almost weekly basis.

Considering Ossian made the best NWN Premium Module and the cool NWN2 Adventure Pack, I am enthusiastic about this one.

It seems Apple has no one to blame by themselves — and maybe likes this status wuoit created — for the low margin, low price and often low quality (short development time) game market it created:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/App+Store/news.asp?c=51996

Apple has set the base price to this level hence why it became a race to the bottom. Thecompany just always looked down on gaming even on macs to begin with.

Read the comments on spiral (which is episodic again due to apple having such a low price structure and so little gamers onthe platform due to apples marketing):
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Spiral+Episode+1/review.asp?c=51926

And read the recent review on. Oucharcade.you guys are wrong todismiss a game just because it looks bad in screenshots to you or its on mobile. Fuksome stupid elitist predujice crapyou spout.

Fuksome stupid elitist predujice crapyou spout.
He is funny at those times when I don't have a clue what he is saying.
We could make an AI thesaurus with all these new words… If only I knew what they all mean.

He is funny at those times when I don't have a clue what he is saying.
We could make an AI thesaurus with all these new words… If only I knew what they all mean.
Simple: they all mean "Apple is great everything else is obsolete".
That was easy.

I'll be interested to see how the Shadow Sun turns out, and whether Ossian have been wasting their time on this. I won't play it though (my wife has an iPad but I hate gaming on touch screens).

Some of the graphics look OK:
http://ossianstudios.com/screens/tss/screen04.jpg
Some of them look awful:
http://ossianstudios.com/screens/tss/screen07.jpg
Everyone here will buy it no exceptions.:p. We will get a PC port if you do. Ossian even said if it sells enough they might even make a new pc game next.

"In this new world, Apple no longer has to compete on specs and features, nor does it want to. There is no Mac vs. PC here -- only "the future" versus "the past." It won't be a debate about displays, memory, wireless options -- it will be a debate about the quality of the experience. "

Back
Top Bottom