Legends of Eisenwald - New Patch & Interface

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment has posted the next Developer Diary for Legends of Eisenwald with information on a new patch that introduces a few Interface changes.

Patch 0.97. New Interface

We are happy to share with you this piece of news. The version 0.97 has been released and soon your Legends of Eisenwald will start downloading it.

We can say that this patch can change your perception of the game because this patch not only changes the user inferface functionally but also changes its appearance: new color pallette is used that corresponds more to the game world, new backgrounds added, new buttons and other things. We added a few details to enhance authenticity – catholic lithurgy of hours is now there too. And we also think, that new reworked tutorial turned out much better than the first version – it is easier to understand and looks way more beautiful. Give it a try! It’s available right out of the main menu. Later it will be available in the prologue as well, now it doesn’t work properly and we didn’t want to delay the release because of that. Please don’t turn on the Tutorial option, and things will be fine. You can see at it anytime in game by pressing F1. Oh, and since F1 is not for tutorial, F3 is a new button for autocombat.

Besides the new interface, this patch includes fixes in how the speed of the army is calculated (can be slower or faster depending on how many things your hero is carrying in his/her inventory, the effect of horses is calculated now too). Because of the players feedback we lowered a bit speed of weaker armies that try to run away, so it will be easier to catch them. If you had an issue with minimizing the game, now the problem with using Alt-Tab is partially solved – the windowed mode is changed to a full screen (with a condition that you selected windowed mode and your true screen resolution).
More information.

FINALLY. This is how the game should look. And it looks good!! I'm loving the 2D watercolor-style still frame art pieces that display when you go into towns. And maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like they gave the game all new sharper textures too. o.o;

Nice game, nice interface.

But is the game world more interactive and rewarding for explorers? I mean different houses, chapels, mills… does these objects provide some strategic items (food, blessing, recovery for soldiers…)? It was weak point of the first released versions.

Nice game, nice interface.

But is the game world more interactive and rewarding for explorers? I mean different houses, chapels, mills… does these objects provide some strategic items (food, blessing, recovery for soldiers…)? It was weak point of the first released versions.

I just tinkered around with the beta today. You can trade in some places for equipment / horses, hire additional troops, or go to chapels to pay for healing, but that seems to be about it.

Back
Top Bottom