What games are you playing now?

Are you an Alistair fangirl (he asks after looking at your signature)? There's a whole thread on the DA forums about being enamored. I think my favorite companion was Oghren for his hilarious banter with Wynne. Although Morrigan/Alistair was pretty funny, too.

Yes I am Alistair fangirl.. but whats that got to do with my sig? My signatures are about BG2 not dragon age... :p

At least hes the only NPC I find interesting so far... I would have liked Morrigan if she talks a bit more but my influence with her is very low as she disagrees with everything I do. I take Wynne around as I need a healer but she won't leave me alone and butts in my affairs a bit too often for my taste. Dog is... dog... Leianna pisses me off for being too good and too talkative (bards... *sigh*). Zevran is plain weird and I haven't spent much time with Sten, so I dont know abt him.

Come now, I know you're savvy enough to install that yourself. ;)
I haven't installed anything in years. I still don't want to know how Linux works, and I bet I forgot all about installing Windows. Nah, I'll let hubby do it - it's his RL job, anyway, so chances are he'll get everything right in the first try. Besides, he can do it while I'm off to work.
Cool that you know about it, not many people remember it.
Phantasy Star is from the time where I started to be interested in video games other than Pong and Moon Patrol :D.

Hey Purple, LONG time no see. Welcome back!!

Spent this morning downloading and trying different demos on my newly aquired Playstation 3. I finally tried Resident Evil 5, even though I've had the PC version sitting on my shelf for some time now. I have to admit… that game is bad-ass. :cool:

Yeah, RE5 is not too bad at all. I had low expextations after they butchered the RE4 port ...

Tried some more PS3 demos yesterday, including Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Kane and Lynch: Dead Men.

I didn't care for Ninja Gaiden, seemed like just another pretty button masher to me.

I also didn't think much of Uncharted, despite everyone swearing that it's one of the best titles for the PS3. I think the demo, which involved nothing but combat, was just poorly done. I went ahead and purchased a copy off Ebay anyways, based on multiple recommendations.

I wasn't expecting much from Kane and Lynch, but ended up being surprised how much I enjoyed the demo. Follow the link if you want details, but suffice to say.. it's not your average story. I purchased a copy of this also, but I chose to get the PC version.

A few days between classes and I decided to continue what I started. I have played Pool of Radiance II throughout the day and I am having quite fun. It's interesting to play a game that at it's release was terrible, but many years later offers what most modern games doesn't.

Hello all. New to the forums, though I've been stalking you as the best source of rpg news since the dot days. Good work! I've recently finished the satisfying DA:O campaign and topped it off with a light but enjoyable replay of Freedom Force. Slowly grinding through Demon's Souls and King's Bounty on the side and considering picking up the Witcher as my next main game.

Welcome to the boards, Jaw. I can definitely say The Witcher is one of my all time favorite rpgs, though there are some who have probs with aspects of it. For me, it was the first rpg since Torment that I felt dealt with evil in a reasonably mature way.

I'm still playing Armored Princess--the last part of the game is definitely much, much easier, almost too easy at times. But that's because the game has taught you to be extremely frugal and careful up to that point, so now you're overcompensating, I think, when you could be getting away with a looser play style. Next playthrough will be on Hard, though.

Still haven't played The Witcher yet.

Tried the demo and didn't like the action combat.

Still haven't played The Witcher yet.

Tried the demo and didn't like the action combat.

Just some advice… the demo sucks.

Iirc it was Prima Junta who convinced me to try the full game after I had formed a strong negative opinion from the demo. Suffice to say I was never so happy to discover I was wrong about something.

Btw: PC games are 50% off at Atari's web store right now. You can actually get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $15.

Slight spoiler... Pool of Radiance 2 consists of two 4-level dungeons and an overworld map that you only explore very briefly before entering the first dungeon. I have realized that every level take one entire day to play (including breaks) if you wish to explore it fully. The 2nd visit to the overworld map between the two dungeons take a bit more than one entire day to play and the final visit (after the 2nd dungeon) seems to be just as long as the 2nd visit.

Playing the overworld map feels like playing a Black Isle game, it looks very much like Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment. The dungeons though really suffer from lack of variation. I just reached the 2nd dungeon and I have to say that it feels daunting, like I am just about to repeat 4 days worth of work I already dine before.

Unfortunately my next course begins on tuesday so I might not get as far as I had hoped but I have really decided to finish the game.

I have got my hands full. I'm playing Dragon Age {getting near the end} and recently started playing Neverwinter nights for the first time. I'm enjoying it a lot.

And I am also playing a great first person shooter called Frontlines

And I am also playing a very good adventure game called The Black Mirror

Then I still have to finish Gothic 2 and Oblivion as well, what can I say my attention tends to wander...

After playing Assassin's Creed through the first assassination, I've lost some interest. The exploration and climbing is great, despsite the somewhat wonky and flakey console port controls, but the gameplay is damn repetitive. Thank God it was only $5!

So for variety, I finally fired up NWN 2 for the first time, added some mods, and am playing the OC with an Arcane Trickster. After Dragon Age and Drakensang, the camera and movement controls are terribly awkward. I just play in strategy view, and gave up on trying to explore in first-person like mode. All the detail in the pretty graphics is not worth the frustration. Now that I'm over that, it's pretty damn fun. :)

Just some advice… the demo sucks.

Iirc it was Prima Junta who convinced me to try the full game after I had formed a strong negative opinion from the demo. Suffice to say I was never so happy to discover I was wrong about something.

Btw: PC games are 50% off at Atari's web store right now. You can actually get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $15.

Hmm... maybe I'll try it out. Just so many games in my backlog, heh.

Right now playing:

FF IX :)
FF V (GBA) which I never finished.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS, last Father's Day present I JUST started)
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2008 Father's Day present I JUST got back to, lol)
Drakensang, been playing this a tiny bit at a time since I got it a few months ago.
Orcs & ELves (DS - got this free at Gamestop last week and pleasantly surprised)
Rogue Galaxy (you should play that one if you have it)
Might & Magic 1-6 pack (actually started with 3/4, first time with MM games, liking so far)
Heroes of M & M 3 (also first time with this series and loving this game)

And these are the games I've played the last 2 weeks or so... not counting the ones I've been playing before that and haven't returned to! And my New Year's resolution was to play only a max of 2 titles until COMPLETION!

Back
Top Bottom