Kickstarter - Legend of Dungeon

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The name rolls awkwardly off my tongue but Legend of Dungeon is a 4-player coop pixel-art-with-3D-lighting roguelike that has already passed its tiny $5k goal. A demo is also available.
Legend of Dungeon is a 4 Player Co-Op Roguelike-like Beat'em'up with dynamic lighting on awesome pixel art.
Legend of Dungeon is about looking for treasure in a dungeon full to the brim with monsters. Legend has it there is a massive treasure all the way down on the 26th floor. Your quest is to go down there, get the treasure, and make it back to the surface alive.
Features:
  • 1 to 4 Player Cooperative Gameplay
  • Real-Time Beat'em'up combat
  • Permadeath
    ...except with 2 or more players, you become a ghost, and have to collect spirit orbs to resurrect yourself. You'll come back with low health, but you'll be back in the game. Once you're all dead though, thats it, game over man.
  • Dynamic Lighting and Real-Time Shadows
    Legend of Dungeon uses 3D Normal Mapping on low-res pixel art to create dynamically lit sprites.
  • The Artwork
    Based on the character designs of Sebastiaan van Hijfte (svh440 of r/PixelArt fame). Each character is adapted and animated for use with the dynamic lighting.
  • Dynamic Music
    The music generates from tracks composed by David Dirig, it dynamically assembles based on the types of enemies you are confronting.

[*] Randomized Content
    Dungeon Layout, Monsters and Item placement, Potion Colors and Devices are all randomized each playthrough.
    [*] Online Score Board
    describing how you died and how much gold you collected.
    [*] DRM Free because no one wants that.
More information.

We should support small dev teams like this... not much to lose at the $10 level.
Besides, they have an early demo... while 99% of other Kickstarters have nothing more than concept art, if that.

I'd sooner call it "Dungeon of Legend" :)

The title is obviously meant to be funny, just like the gfx.

It looks really nice, the lightning is great. Not really my type of game though.

The title is obviously meant to be funny, just like the gfx.

It looks really nice, the lightning is great. Not really my type of game though.

I guess you're right, but I'm not sure if everybody will get it. :) Game looks like fun, though, now that I've looked at it a bit more. I hope they reach the Overworld + Online multi-player tier.

Seem like a fun experience but the dungeon lvl was looking small or they were just entering in other chambers?

Back
Top Bottom