Technomancer - Officially Announced

Wish we would get another RPG in the Of Orcs and Men universe again, but I'll end up picking this up eventually.
Here was Jehanne's answer greywolf00 as that was one of my interview questions.
Couchpotato: Of Orcs and Men was another good RPG game, in my opinion, as it was about the struggle of Orcs in a world that despises them. Given the ending, was there ever a plan to make more games? I know that Cyanide made a spinoff game with the goblin sidekick Styx, and has plans for more.

Jehanne Rousseau:
This project was very particular; we developed the whole game but, based on an idea coming from Cyanide, and under their creative direction (and production). So they are the one that possesses the IP, and I don't know what they are planning (apart from the Styx the stealth games of course).

Mars:WL sequel?
Shuddup and take my money.

Said back then when first game was out.
Mars has a Fallout1 feeling. A game not very long with so much material to expand the story, the world and setting. And now I expect Fallout2 feeling from it's sequel. Am I too optimistic? Maybe I am.
But 2016. won't come fast, there is plenty of time to make the game so good to compete in next year's sci-fi RPG clash of titans.

Do you dare to predict who'll win the year between these:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Mass Effect 4
- Fallout 4
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Technomancer

While a couple of new entries wouldn't hurt as it's the more the marrier, the list of contenders needs these three games to be complete:
- Kotor 3
- System Shock 3
- Anachronox 2

2015. is the year of RPG renaissance? Okay then, 2016. is the year of scifi RPG renaissance! Can't wait.

You are an optimistic person, which is a good thing though not in this case.
  • Mass Effect 4 won't be a rpg so you can discard it from the list.
  • Cyberpunk 2077* in 2016 won't happen. End of 2017/2018 more likely.
  • Technomancer will be mediocre at best and slag behind the AAA offerings,
    best case it will be slightly better than witcher 2.
  • Fallout 4 will be skyrim with guns. It's also not si-fi but post-apocalyptic.
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided* will be awesome.
  • The rest will never be made.

Also, you didn't mention SR: Hong Kong (let's face it they will release it next year).
The true si-fi RPGOTY 2016! :party2:
For that you deserve a ban. :p

*Cyberpunk is not really si-fi but I will ignore that trivial fact.

As usual, my comment on any attempt to prove me wrong before something happens or not, will be a quote from last Bioware game:

0sXmwbs.jpg

:p

Don't worry Joxer as I agree with your Sc-Fi picks for next year.:biggrin:

Well all except for Cyberpunk 2077 which will more than likely be released in 2017. Also industry insiders have said the next Mass Effect game will be released in 2016.

I have Mars War Logs in my back log, but haven't played it yet. I fully intend to do, though. I'm also interested in Of Orcs and Men for a long time no, but I'm sitll waiting for a decent sale. Bound by Flame doesn't interest me much, looks a bit too action-oriented. Might pick it up in a sale...

Only game of them I played so far seems to be the GoT RPG, which I haven't finished but kinda enjoyed. Will have to give it another go some time.

I loved Mars: War Logs. It felt like a low budget, gritty Mass Effect. I loved it despite the tacked on ending that screamed 'we ran out of money.'

I enjoyed the setting/story of Bound by Flame but found the combat mechanics more of a headache than fun and never finished it.

Mars and bound by flame were two at best mediocre games that nothing except huge amounts of free time can justify playing them.

Doubt this will be different

Don't think CP77 will be released in 2016.

Generally, larger publishers pay for good reviews, as was the case with EA just a few years ago, so it will be a larger publisher. The same applies to GOTY. If game publications were fair and unbiased, Alice: MR would have had good reviews. My vote goes with Bethesda, or Bioware, though Cyberpunk would have taken the icing on the cake, as I decently enjoy the Witcher games, and cyberpunk as a genre appeals to me. Deus Ex, of course, would take a tidy second, though I never made it through Human Revolution, as other games like Dishonored started popping out of the woodworks, and then I went off on a leeway playing Dark Souls 2, and several games in between, including both Shadowrun games, which I just caught up on. :)

Enjoyed their other games and will buy this day 1.

Better than witcher 2 is a mediocre game. Then what's great game?

Do you dare to predict who'll win the year between these:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Mass Effect 4
- Fallout 4
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Technomancer

If Technomancer will be in the same league as Deus Ex, it would be pretty good, right? :) And if I put aside Cyberpunk (2017?) and ME4 (more likely action game + maybe dating aliens sim :biggrin: ) then it will be competing only with DE and Fallout 4. In terms of story-related stuff with DE.

Bound by Flame was released in Spring 2014, Technomancer is scheduled for 2016. So this game should have bigger budget than Mars and the longest or second longest development time of all Spiders' games. I hope they will use that time wisely.

Such game would be instabuy for me. :D

In any case? What if you could date only space bears? :D

BTW What about your space bears suggestion on Bio forums? Some news? :)

Sadly lately Bioware employees don't post anything in feedback section except opening a "patch x" thread. Probably are preoccupied with making some DLC horsearmor or multiplayer gambling...
So no news. Yet.

Back
Top Bottom