Rock, Paper, Shotgun - RPGs That Got Cancelled

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Richard Cobbett of Rock, Paper, Shotgun published a new article that takes a look at some promising RPG games that failed to get released on the PC.

It’s a great time for RPGs at the moment, with just about every name, flavour and celebrity from the old days finding a new lease of life through Kickstarter and a freshly hungry audience. Most series and creators though have had at least one game fall prey to development hell – sometimes with their ideas resurfacing in later titles, sometimes with everything simply lost to time. Their levels of completion vary dramatically, but here are some of the games we never got to play…
More information.

With the success of PoE, I suppose they could now create the Black Hound in the world of Eora.

Out of these, I'm only sorry about Torn, I guess. I've always wanted a real fantasy Fallout... the one reason I've still got Lionheart on my HD.

I'm guessing most Ultima fans are glad Odyssey was never completed. That plot idea sounds horrible…

That does sound horrible, not a game that I would be interested in playing.

There was another Ultima title that was cancelled, but it was for the Nintendo DS - Ultima Reborn. It would have been very different from what I remember reading about it, a 2D side scrolling game.

Van Buren would have been a stellar game, I'm sure. Had it actually been made, it may have started an rpg renaissance much earlier than the recent ones.

Van Buren and BG III: the games that SHOULD be developed/released. There is market for both, as PoE, Wasteland 2 and Tides of Numenera can prove it !!!

Van Buren and BG III: the games that SHOULD be developed/released. There is market for both, as PoE, Wasteland 2 and Tides of Numenera can prove it !!!
Well InXile Entertainment filed a trademark for Van Buren so it might happen. As for Black Hound it was turned into a NWN 2 Mod, but was sadly never finished by Josh Sawyer.

I found the news-bit on our site with more information on Black Hound.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1086

Last edited:
Well InXile Entertainment filed a trademark for Van Buren so it might happen. As for Black Hound it was turned into a NWN 2 Mod, but was sadly never finished by Josh Sawyer.

Maybe with the success of the new isometric RPG games they can try to do something with Van Buren... but not sure how the rights thing would work for Wasteland/Fallout world.

Back
Top Bottom