Witcher 3 - Drivers & Tuning

I've had a number of crashes including Galaxy helper crashes. It started to get bad after the starting town and now I think I'll quit until there is some resolution. There are numerous reports on the GOG forums.

From what I remember reading they didn't perform manual facial animation, since it would be an enormous task. And they're using some sort of a dynamic system that approximates facial movement based on the text that's being said. It's not perfect, but I think it's good enough.

Ooh interesting technology development, even if less than perfect. I bet they provided human input into moving Geralt's mouth, though, since since his lip synching is so much better.

I was able to play Dragon Age Inquisition with settings at HIGH and get 60 FPS steady, so I didn't even think twice about whether I'd be able to play the Witcher 3. However, unfortunately, with all settings at LOW and resolution at minimum (1024x768) I can't even get to 15 FPS. Womp womp. :(

i7 4700 MQ (Turbo: 3.3 GHz), 16 GB of RAM, 4 GB Radeon HD8970M, installed to a SSD.

Yeah I'm not the only one! Actually, I turn grass off in a few games because I can't find my loot on the ground…

I love lots of grass and foliage. When I modded Skyrim not only couldn't I find loot the grass was so tall I couldn't find dead bodies either.:lol:

I had the game freeze on the inventory screen again. Curious, I checked the tech support forum at the official site, and guess what, there is a huge 19 page thread about the same problem, with many people reporting they are experiencing this bug. So far, work arounds suggested are disabling controller vibrations in options, and going into the Nvidia driver 3d settings, then setting the Witcher 3 power management setting to prefer maximum performance. Apparently, these two suggestions are helping some to fix the bug, but others report it doesn't help. Looks like they need to issue a patch for this soon, because it is pretty game breaking.

Update -- another suggestion that seems to work for many is to set the maximum frames slider to "unlimited", and turning v-sync off.

Last edited:
Yeah, disabling vibration is always one of the first settings I turn off. Some other game in the past also would crash with it on, since then, and since I'm playing M&KB it was a no brainer to zero it.

Characters do look good...but sometimes they don't...I had one neck on a guy clearly not mesh properly with the body so it looked really off.

One thing they did really well is their color pallet.

Anyone else have npc's just pop out of nowhere? I walk up to a tent and fire and all of the sudden 3 guys pop in.

NPC schedules are nice, but I find it funny they have trouble walking around geralt when he's on horseback, and constantly bumping into him.

Back
Top Bottom