Deus Ex: MD - First DLC on September 23

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Polygon reports that the first DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be out on September 23 - it is called System Rift:

Frank Pritchard in first story DLC

Square Enix’s Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was just released last week, but the studio is already detailing the first story DLC for the game, which will see the return of main character Adam Jensen’s friend and former colleague, Frank Pritchard.

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided — System Rift, Pritchard reunites with Jensen to investigate and collect information on Santeau Group. In Mankind Divided, Santeau Group is the the construction company that started building cities from scratch, separating transhumanists from the rest of society following the events of the Aug Incident in 2027.

System Rift will be available to download on Sept. 23 from Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and online retailers for $11.99. The DLC pack will also be available for those who purchased the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided season pass.

[...]
More information.

That fast, huh?!! Kind of makes me wonder if they just didn't cut them out from the game in the first place, just to release them after the launch...

That fast, huh?!! Kind of makes me wonder if they just didn't cut them out from the game in the first place, just to release them after the launch…

Square apparently delayed the game last November (2 weeks before certification) just to get The Breach, DLCs and microtransactions into the game. They had over 6 months to work on this.

So basically they could have shelled the DLC's since launch. Nice...

My policy on all games with dlc is to wait for game of the year version. If they choose to never release such then I won't bother buying. I'm tried of htis nickle and dime crap EA started. Anyway two games on my radar are latest tomb raider and this (as it appears you can avoid the micro-transaction crap - though Ihave to say square e is quickly becoming one of those publishers to avoid).

I used a 25% voucher (like I always do to buy new releases) from GMG. Paid $67.50 for the $90 digital deluxe edition that comes with the pass.

My policy on all games with dlc is to wait for game of the year version. If they choose to never release such then I won't bother buying. I'm tried of htis nickle and dime crap EA started. Anyway two games on my radar are latest tomb raider and this (as it appears you can avoid the micro-transaction crap - though Ihave to say square e is quickly becoming one of those publishers to avoid).

Yep. I've got a long backlog, and games that engage in these carved-up DLC and microtransaction practices are kicked into the long grass until I can pick up the whole thing at a heavy discount.

That fast, huh?!! Kind of makes me wonder if they just didn't cut them out from the game in the first place, just to release them after the launch…
Square apparently delayed the game last November (2 weeks before certification) just to get The Breach, DLCs and microtransactions into the game. They had over 6 months to work on this.
DLC is part of how the industry works. So they definitely planned to release DLCs from the beginning. There is no conspiracy. You know the metrics, early DLCs sell better than late DLCs. I guess authors ended their work on the main game long time ago, so they had enough time to think about new storylines. They already had the tools, the game world, experienced devs and they presumably didn't need the whole team during the finalisation process. So there was enough time to work on DLCs. And you don't need to be a genius to understand that the gap between finalization and release of digital content is way smaller than for retail.

I won't complain. I accepted a preorder offer and got the season pass on top for the price of the main game. Fair deal.

12 dollars huh? Somehow I doubt it will be 20 hours long and as such high quality as Hearts of Stone was. We will be lucky if this is 2 hours mission.

Fuck. This.

What's the difference between DLC and serialized releases? I suppose with the former you can complete the game. The game producers would probably love to switch to a serialized release model, but they don't think it would sell as well. Perhaps then the DLC become the "missing chapters" of the serial release? Hmm, somebody could probably use that release model by skipping chunks of the character development and letting the player "level up" at each time jump. It probably wouldn't work for an open world model though.

12 dollars huh? Somehow I doubt it will be 20 hours long and as such high quality as Hearts of Stone was. We will be lucky if this is 2 hours mission.

Fuck. This.

The first Jensen's Story is a 2 hours standalone mission.
I suppose the other two will be of the similar length.

I don't care about the first DLC. Tell me when the last DLC will be released and I'll be interested. ��

Back
Top Bottom