The Orb and the Oracle - Official Site Launched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Heuristic Park and Dreamcatcher have launched the official site for their Dungeon Lords followup, The Orb and the Oracle. Not a lot there at the moment but there is a new screen or two and a single wallpaper. Here's the feature list:

• A massive fantasy world filled with non-stop action and meticulously detailed indoor and outdoor environments. Explore shrines, campsites and country cottages throughout the vast rolling countryside, mountains, woodlands, swamplands and more.
  • An advanced and robust combat system couples with devastating magic spells for a variety of ways to vanquish your foes in real-time.
  • 25+ different classes to choose from and 3 class tiers. Create your character using a combination of 5 classes from the different tiers, opening different skills for each.
  • An epic, non-linear single-player campaign coupled with a multiplayer co-op campaign.
  • Hundreds of weapons, spells, items and rare artifacts to equip and use.
  • A variety of personal quests and missions, featuring a world filled with NPC characters to interact and bargain with.
  • Build your character earning experience, gold and other valuable items as you complete challenging quests. Unlock advanced class types for new depths of gameplay.
  • Designed, written and developed by award-winning computer game author D.W. Bradley.
More information.

Hey - 20% of the NPC's from Dungeon Lords are returning!!!

Galdryn and Emmindor ...

Now if we can just get Emmindor out of the way in that tower ...

I feel teleported back to the Spring of 2005. *puts on rose-colored glasses* ahhhh.... the possibilites.... :]

Dungeon Lords could have been good. It just needed more content across the board. More NPCs, quests, items, spells, classes, dialogue, monsters.

as a famous developer with limited funding you can make hellgate: London or Dungeon Lords.

Looks like Mr Bradley made the right choice.

Last edited:
Isn't there also supposed to be an expansion for the first game?

I thought this was the sort-of expansion, but that it was kind of stand-alone and that DL2 is on it's way after O&O.

O&O ? Wasn't that the company with the defragmenting program ?

I thought this was the sort-of expansion, but that it was kind of stand-alone and that DL2 is on it's way after O&O.

That is my understanding as well.

Eh? So O&O is the expansion? Seems like they're doing a lot of work for just a stand-alone add on.

Anyone want to take bets that O&O ends up being DL2?

Anyone want to take bets that O&O ends up being DL2?

I doubt it - but think it depends on sales ... if the original sold ~1 million copies for ~$40 each, and if this can do OK for $30 each, why *not* keep rolling?

Back
Top Bottom