What games are you playing now?

started another free MMO w/ my girl - this one's pretty cool. Perfect World. I have a nice little wholesome elven archer girl who can sprout wings at will ='.'=

Playing that and Age of Mythology, w/ a little runescape on the side!

edit- added a pic w/ my new genie that flies around w/ mai lin

Attachments

• mailyn.jpg
    mailyn.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 135
  • maily_winged.jpg
    maily_winged.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 138
  • maily_genie.jpg
    maily_genie.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I played perfect World too. Great game, but becomes a long grindfest on higher lvls, but still weird enough fun :p

Stopped playing a few months ago because I didn't had enough time anymore
Maybe when school is over, I will pick it up again. I hope I am still in the guild :)

surprisingly good graphix for a free game - the character customization options are ridiculously plentiful. I just colored her all up how I liked it, and cranked the waist all the way down and the bust all the way up lol. I want to try the "untamed" race too, the half-beast things look kinda cool. I can actually make a tiger dude!

Still doesnt seem that it has the quest depth, puzzles, and crafting potential that Runescape offers. This one seems more a pretty grindfest - which is cool, I can have fun playing that kinda game for a while too. It's enjoyable just exploring, killing, looting, watching your little minion excel

Don't excpect more or go for PVP.
I had an untamed that looked like a wolf and a purple archer.
Untamed hard to kill, archer, easy to kill but hard too reach because of the high damage it deals :p

Okay, I'm addicted to Farm Town on Facebook. I'm not very social at all, but I enjoy the 15-30 minutes a day I spend plowing, harvesting, and upgrading my farm. If anyone else plays this, I need a couple neighbors still. PM me and let me know if you're interested. My sister-in-law got me started on this Facebook thing.

Baldur's Gate with BGTutu. I play multiplayer alone (sounds sad) - to build a party and take it all the way through BG1 - to BG2:ToB. I never DID complete BG2, so...

Mass Effect replay in prep for ME2 - and I doubt I'll get through it again, but I thought I'd try for all achievements and stuff so I could have the ultimate character with full paragon status.

I always mean to try the evil path in these games, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm a wuss - I guess.

I'm nearing the end of Mask of the Betrayer which I've rather enjoyed.

I always mean to try the evil path in these games, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm a wuss - I guess.

Ah, but once you start on the path of darkness, it is ever so much fun! I always play the good guy on my first playthrough in most (all?) games, as the evil ones often just don't really get much fun (say, NWN) ... however:

Being evil in Knights of the Old Republic was freaking hilarious! :biggrin:

Playing,Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
I've had this one on the shelf since '07 but I thought I should give it a try.The combat is great maybe the best 1st person close combat I've seen.I'm still early into the game but I'm not sure whether I like the story or not.
The levels aren't really convincing as everything seems set for combat.
Spikes just waiting for my victim and floor easily breakable.
A friend told me the game is relatively short and that's what I want.
The game looks and plays great.

Ah, but once you start on the path of darkness, it is ever so much fun! I always play the good guy on my first playthrough in most (all?) games, as the evil ones often just don't really get much fun (say, NWN) ... however:

Being evil in Knights of the Old Republic was freaking hilarious! :biggrin:

Hehe, yeah I know - it's a bit strange really.

I've tried it on occasion - but I guess it's because I always identify very closely with the characters I make and play.

I remember trying slave-trading in Fallout, and blowing some poor prostitute's brains out for talking smack. I was actually having fun and played on for a few hours (enjoying my slave-trade income), suddenly feeling increasingly guilty and "wrong"... Haha, ended up having to replay from the beginning because I hadn't saved before becoming a bad guy. I just couldn't identify with a person doing these things.

Pathetic, I know.... To think there's quite a few brilliant games where I've really only experienced "half" the dialogue and related story bits.

Playing,Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
I've had this one on the shelf since '07 but I thought I should give it a try.The combat is great maybe the best 1st person close combat I've seen.I'm still early into the game but I'm not sure whether I like the story or not.
The levels aren't really convincing as everything seems set for combat.
Spikes just waiting for my victim and floor easily breakable.
A friend told me the game is relatively short and that's what I want.
The game looks and plays great.

In my opinion, the game peaks before the half-way mark and then deteriorates rapidly towards the end. However, it's still a fun and worthwhile experience - and I'm glad I played it, all the same.

id love to play evil, but you tend to miss out on all the good stuff and have a bunch of extra hassles everywhere you go.

Plus, I end up telling myself I'm gonna do the first playthru a white knight, then my next one will be the big meanie. The next playthru never comes.

so the way that I do it is save the game, and run around blowing away children and running over grannies and get it out of my system. Then i reload my game and am serving the homeless some thanksgiving dinner within the hour

I've tried it on occasion - but I guess it's because I always identify very closely with the characters I make and play.

I remember trying slave-trading in Fallout, and blowing some poor prostitute's brains out for talking smack. I was actually having fun and played on for a few hours (enjoying my slave-trade income), suddenly feeling increasingly guilty and "wrong"... Haha, ended up having to replay from the beginning because I hadn't saved before becoming a bad guy. I just couldn't identify with a person doing these things.

I identify with the characters I play too, usually - unless there's really nothing to identify with - so I tend to have qualms about stealing money from a widow and stuff like that. ;) Still, there are some games which really reward you for being evil - from the top of my head: KotOR, Jade Empire, and I think VtM:Bloodlines too if I remember correctly - and to me it's usually something along the lines of: 'it's so evil it's funny'.

Fallout is a special case. I always play the saviour of the wasteland there, but I employ any means necessary, so my char is not much of a saint, even though everybody thinks he is. The experience is quite unique, I was unable to recreate it in any other game so far.

xSamhainx said:
I end up telling myself I'm gonna do the first playthru a white knight, then my next one will be the big meanie. The next playthru never comes.

Yeah, that often happens to me too.

There's actually one game where playing evil is a lot better than being good, and that's Black & White 2, but maybe I'll write about that in detail one day when (if) I finish it.

In my opinion, the game peaks before the half-way mark and then deteriorates rapidly towards the end. However, it's still a fun and worthwhile experience - and I'm glad I played it, all the same.

Despite how I pounded on the game in my reviews for various sites, I do enjoy the game for what it is ... the whole puerile and brain-dead Xana stuff still irritates me, but the gameplay can be loads of fun.

Well, I actually finished MotB.

Remarkable as it's the first NWN anything (1+2) that I've managed to get through. After getting past the rather 'I've seen this before' beginning all the factors seem to gel into a really good story driven rpg.

Just for your information: I saw Mount & Blade in a shop today. So it's out already in Germany.

Well, I actually finished MotB.

Remarkable as it's the first NWN anything (1+2) that I've managed to get through. After getting past the rather 'I've seen this before' beginning all the factors seem to gel into a really good story driven rpg.
I agree. It's one of the last games I have played recently.

Story is very important factor for me, which makes me less interested in recent games focused on graphic presentations. A part of me, however, am still wondering if any game creator can manage to make a game with good atmosphere, story and game-play. Then again, in reality, I seem to be spending more time on gathering information of games rather than actually playing them and even such time is getting less and less in the share of my free time. Well, at least, it's nice to have many other things to do. This site is working fine to me as one of the few threads remained for gaming, one of my hobbies.

Would you believe I'm still playing Plants Versus Zombies? What a great little game.

Would you believe I paid again to get Jade Empire for the Mac from Direct2Drive? Yeah, and paid too much as well ... but I'm on a Mac kick and don't want to boot to WIndows to play ... just installed it today ...

Back
Top Bottom