What games are you playing now?

Starting Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning. Given the reports of how easy the game is, I'm playing with the YSA mod (finesse edition, as I intend to play a rogue). Not sure whether to set the game on medium or hard with the mod running...might try hard to be super hardcore.

Just put ~ 2 hours into the new Thief (got if for my birthday). Feels a bit like coming home :). I'll see how it develops, but I know that I will still like it once I finished it. Anyway, I'm really proud that my old computer is able to run it (and run it well). Didn't think so after I read the requirements.

I also got the new Wolfenstein as a present, but I put that one aside until someone buys me a new processor and graphics board.

I almost stop playing the TW2 last time because of the Kayran fight and just might this as I have played the game before to its end.

I had a few moments this morning to myself and wanted to play for a hour or so.

I have zero interest this sort of boss fights that if you make one wrong move you have to start over again.

I remember that I hated this boss fight as well. (Generally I hate boss fights where you have different game mechanics than in "normal" fights. Hear me, Risen1?).

Hope I'll get over it when I'll replay TW2 in a few weeks...

I'm playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

First time ever playing Baldur's Gate in any form. I have to say, I'm enjoying myself thoroughly. I love a meaty RPG with stats and classes and lore out the wazoo :). This game is delivering quite an immersive experience and I find myself loving it the more I play.

For more detailed impressions check my Baldur's Gate thread in the General RPG section :).

Yeah, it's a great game. People dont understand how I can like the original more than the sequel but I do, I just like the feel of Baldur's Gate over BGII. Love that game!

Well, yesterday I put in an 8 hour shift playing Thief, and I might put in another shift tonight. I stopped when I couldn't move my fingers anymore ...
What can I say? Controls can be a little inaccurate at times, but I found nothing truly aggravating yet. The metal man actually made me happy, and the new Garrett reminds me of Jim Caviezel, somehow.
Yes, I know he's fashioned after his VA, in a sense, but still.

Yeah, it's a great game. People dont understand how I can like the original more than the sequel but I do, I just like the feel of Baldur's Gate over BGII. Love that game!

You're not alone.

I had to go to a conference last week, so my gaming groove got a bit thrown off. I've had a bit of a superhero craving since talking about my dream game, so I just reinstalled Arkham Asylum for a quick fix. Where I go after that will depend on the Steam sale, I think.

The feel of Baldur's Gate thus far is impressing me the most. It feels like a heavy, heavy RPG. I think it's the D&D implementation, tactical combat and storybook lore that makes it feel that way. All I know is, the feel of the game is phenomenal.

Can't believe I missed all these games over the years. I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's been a ton of fun so far doing just that.

Imho BG2 is even better. ;-)

I bought Silent Hill from PSN Store, and haha, it doesn't work on my PS3 with the video signal going to a 1920x1200 monitor. Usually, PS3 games have no issue with this. But this one and Resident Evil 1 don't want to run. So I've started SH on PC. Took a bit to configure it to work with the Xbox360 controller, but I've got it pretty decently setup. I'm inside the school right now, and it's pretty good. Graphics-wise, it certainly hasn't aged well. But other than that it's ok. I heard good things about SH2, so I can't wait to finish this one to get to that.

Grindy, grind, grind, grind. Look at all my cool arcane wizard loot. ;)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thrasher-1636/hero/47402480

And mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arhu-2593/
Say hello to the Lady, the Mage and the Knight. ;)

Yes, you guys made me go out and get Diablo 3. Don't have as much time to play as I'd like, though.

Also, I'm a bit ambivalent about my Demon Hunter. As the "Lady" from LMK is a classic Ranger in my mind, using bows, there are some things I don't like about the DH class. Crossbows, for one, although that's a matter of style. But lots of skills are really strange: Elemental orbs (I'm not a wizard), explosions and rockets (I'm not a mechanic / engineer). I loved the skill "Strafe" from Diablo 2, but the one that comes closest in D3, "Rapid Fire", looks and sounds like it's shooting projectiles from an Uzi, not a bow. I'm looking forward to the Archery skills, at least they seem to work with normal arrows. Well, I guess I can choose my own build that fits, so it's not too bad.

The Crusader seems to work well as a Knight, from what little I've seen. Maybe I'll switch to him as my main, which would be a first, since usually I don't like melee characters.

I'm still waiting for them to create a meaningful endgame - or reason to stick with it. Ladder seasons is a concept I never quite understood. The goal is to level up first or something? Sounds dreadful, to be honest. I don't play these games because I enjoy the pressure of competitive leveling.

Since they ruined the economy and trading aspect of the game, I'm curious how they're planning to keep it alive and well. Maybe people really enjoy the MMO treadmill in their Diablo? I guess so.

I'm playing The Witcher 2 - and I'm having a great time with it.

That said, it does have a few more issues than I remember.

I'm in Flotsam, and one thing that's really stupid is how enemies "despawn" - and sometimes they're literally vanishing right in front of me, like the Endrega. The game has these rather rigid monster "patrol areas" - and most creatures, like the Nekkers - have some kind of animation for the despawning - like how they dig into the ground and disappear - but the Endrega simply vanish unless there's a tree nearby or whatever.

Also, I'm finding there's a distinct lack of variety in NPC "ambient" spoken lines. As in, you hear the same line over and over - constantly. This is pretty bad for immersion - and some of the voice acting is grating, like the children spouting the same two lines about "does he tend to lose them" talking about my two swords and bla bla.

But, overall, the game is so much more my style than the first game. It feels great to simply move around - and I've always loved the combat system, though I concede it can be very arcadey if you're not "in control" of your movement.

But, it's pretty tactical once you learn how to move around and dodge - and you can feel yourself getting better all the time. I love that. Never got that feeling with TW1 - where I still misclicked right to the end with the same frequency.

The visuals are superb - and the atmosphere likewise. The new voice actors for the main characters are also much better, and the dialogue makes sense all the way now.

It's my first time with the EE - and I'm enjoying the new crafted items, which I assume are part of the "Dark" difficulty setting. It works much better than the old primitive crafting system from TW1 - and the UI is a clear improvement as well. That said, I'm still pretty annoyed with the weight limit - and I think they should have gone Gothic on it.

The primary story is much more compelling, and the game doesn't make you forget it with a ton of trival quests.

It's such a pleasure after playing TW1 - which I had to force myself through.

My only concern is that I don't have much in the way of time for extended sessions, so I can't get that cohesive experience I prefer.

Also, TW3 is so far away - that it was probably a mistake to start the replays this soon. Oh well, I'll live :)

Just finished a replay of both TW1 and 2. Loved almost everything of the first one and only really didn't like the BOSS fights in the second one.

I do like how both of have nice replayability, though TW2 I could really notice a difference by the different choices I made in them.

I have never played either Risen games. I see GOG has the first for 5.oo and the second in gold edition for 15.00. So looks like when I get some free time this weekend I will start with the first one.

I have never played either Risen games. I see GOG has the first for 5.oo and the second in gold edition for 15.00. So looks like when I get some free time this weekend I will start with the first one.

Have fun! Both Risen games are great games, IMO.

Just "finished" Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm not into fighting/twitchy games, but this games pop up so often in sales that eventually I bought it. Curiously I managed to get all the way to the final series of battles, but that's where I couldn't continue. I see how many people like this type of games, but yeah, definitely not my type.

Just "finished" Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm not into fighting/twitchy games, but this games pop up so often in sales that eventually I bought it. Curiously I managed to get all the way to the final series of battles, but that's where I couldn't continue. I see how many people like this type of games, but yeah, definitely not my type.

Heh, I've literally just finished that. The last few boss fights are pretty bad, but they're the sort that get easier once you've beaten them once. Thankfully, most of the fights in the sequel are less tedious.

Back
Top Bottom