Battle Brothers - Armor and Goblins

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The development blog for Battle Brothers has been updated with information on worn armor and Goblins.

So far, everyone was wearing well-crafted armor and helmets in mint condition. This always felt a bit out of place especially with the bandits who looked pretty much like regular soldiers or militia forces with their equipment. After all, they are supposed to be outlaws living in the woods and they can have a hard time getting materials to repair their gear.

To address this, we’ve made a variety of new armor and helmets with a worn-out look, gear that has been patched up many times, lost some parts or has become rusted. This gives the bandit faction a unique look and makes them stand out from other human factions. What is more, all these items have their own values for armor and fatigue penalties. In general, the worn-out and patched armors are a bit lighter, giving less fatigue penalties but also having less armor points.

Goblins are of course the major coming new feature for Battle Brothers. We’ll do a proper reveal in time and talk about their place in the world, their culture, their equipment and their individual troop types in detail. Until then, we didn’t want to leave you without a small teaser of what is to come. So here it is, an image of the Goblin Wolfrider!

More information.

Great that this is coming along nicely! The game is already very playable and has instense combat. What is still to come is a story or campaign mode. I will wait for that before I dive in again.

Whew. I was afraid they were talking about the player's armor. Seems to me my armor gets smashed to hell in a fight easily enough. :p

Back
Top Bottom