GOG for C64, Amiga, Apple?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I would love for someone to come along and do the the old games on the C64 et al, as has been done with the old windows games. It'd be great to pay $5 each for some of my beloved games from yesteryear. I'd gladly pay a bit for the really, really oldies, but I'm not sure how much of a market it would have. Would anyone else really pay money for games from 30 years ago? I don't know. If someone would make an emulator that would run all the various retired machines, would there be profit in it? My guess is yes, but it'd be a very expensive experiment.

Are you worried about copyright with the already excellent emulators out there?

The Nintendo Wii has C64 games for download for $5 each, but I doubt the original developers are seeing any of that money.

I like your idea, but I don't think there would be enough profit to make it worthwhile.

@DArtagnan, I was thinking more along the lines of "one app to rule them all and in the Gogness bind them". Who wants to load and setup 6 or 7 emulators? Not this nut.

There is a commercial emulator for C64 and Amiga already. Can't remember the name, but I saw them in the bargain bin somewhere a while back.

Back
Top Bottom