Bethesda Softworks - E3 Announcements

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Techraptor let us know that they have an overview of the press event Bethesda did yesterday. Most interesting are Dishonered 2 and Fallout 4. Next to that the definitive edition of Dishonered was announced as well as a mobile strategy Fallout game named Fallout Shelter, in case you just can't get enough of everything Fallout. Then there is also some stuff on Doom and ESO, in case you are into those games.

More information.

Fallout 4 will release on November 10th 2015.
More likely mid dec 2015. Great news nonetheless !!

IIRC, Bethesda release dates are usually pretty solid. Looking to be a great winter ;)

They also announced a new distribution platform for their games called 'Bethesda.net' Firstly, I don't really want yet another app on my pc for games when I already have steam, uplay, gog, and origin. Also, I hope this is not an attempt to bring back the whole paid player mods thing which was a disaster. Also, they said the distribution platform is for their 'online games' I hope this does not mean that Fallout 4 will require a constant connection to play.

They also announced a new distribution platform for their games called 'Bethesda.net' Firstly, I don't really want yet another app on my pc for games when I already have steam, uplay, gog, and origin. Also, I hope this is not an attempt to bring back the whole paid player mods thing which was a disaster. Also, they said the distribution platform is for their 'online games' I hope this does not mean that Fallout 4 will require a constant connection to play.

This made me a little nervous as well. The whole trend that more and more developers are creating their own "online platforms" and then tying games to those platforms is very troublesome.

It´s one thing if it only concerns titles that are pure online/multiplayer experiences, that may of course be negative as well but at least I don´t feel directly concerned as I would if it happens to more singleplayer game-titles.

I already have plenty of games on "Steam", and honestly that in itself, is far more of an "online commitment" than I´m really comfortable with (uplay I boycott completely and Origin I only use when I absolutly must). Ideally, all games that are not pure mp-titles, should have the optinon of a simple download for offline use without any "online client" needed. (sort of as I believe gog-galaxy is supposed to function...?)

I already have plenty of games on "Steam", and honestly that in itself, is far more of an "online commitment" than I´m really comfortable with (uplay I boycott completely and Origin I only use when I absolutly must). Ideally, all games that are not pure mp-titles, should have the optinon of a simple download for offline use without any "online client" needed. (sort of as I believe gog-galaxy is supposed to function…?)

GOG lets you download and play games without the client, so I guess I shouldn't really have mentioned that one. Steam lets you start and play your games without being online if you set the steam client to offline mode. I should say that, from what I have seen, Fallout 4 looks awesome, but if its single-player component forces me to play online, then I might forgo the game anyway. Few gaming trends annoy me more than force online play for single player games.

All of these E3 announcements mean : There'll be no announcements at Games Com.

No. For Quantum Break, Crackdown and Scalebound are officially being skipped on E3 and will be shown on Gamescom. I suspect the same will happen with Technomancer, but no word on that yet.

All of these E3 announcements mean : There'll be no announcements at Games Com.

As far as huge announcements like FO4 or ME Andromeda are concerned, yes, there won't be anything on that level at Gamescom. E3 is a console show circus for the 800lbs gorillas of the industry so the 800lbs games are getting announced there.
However, going by comments on the WoR forums we might for example hear of Piranha Bytes' new RPG at Gamescom. And I'm sure there will be more new game announcements from the smaller mid/low tier publishers like Deep Silver at Gamescom. Some/many of those smaller scale announcements might even be more interesting than what we've heard from E3 so far. Let's hope for the best :) .

A great winter indeed, but who has time for all these games? My backlog is about to topple over and crush me. :)

I already have plenty of games on "Steam", and honestly that in itself, is far more of an "online commitment" than I´m really comfortable with

Same here. For games more than a few years old, I always check GOG first now.

Then start to remove things from your backlog or play them!

Also there isnt much to Fallout Shelter but Im already a little addicted to it.

Things Ive noticed

A) People drink far far too much water. Also no WATER CHIPS??!

B) Raiders seem to like to attack my vault

C) Very addictive.

All I got from this is Dishonored 2 is coming (which I kinda knew already but still).

Once I got used to how the "stealth" works in the first one it quickly became one of my favorite games ever. So I'm a happy camper now.

That Bethesda.net crap is kinda worrying though. They said that mods will be going through that...does this mean we will ONLY be able to get mods through their stupid front end thingy? As long as mods can still be independent of their "service" and put on sites like the nexus then I don't really care about Bethesda.net (unless of course they start with the online all the time crap for SP games).

Back
Top Bottom