CD Projekt - Witcher Site Relaunched

aries100

SasqWatch
CD Project has relaunched The Witcher's official website. They have done this in order to prepare for the official website for the release of Witcher 2: The Assasination of Kings.
Wen you go to the relaunched website, if you click on the 'game' button in the menu band at the top of the site, you'll be taken to a site where you can see screenshots, wallpapers and concept art. You can also learn about some of the characters by clicking on the 'characters' icon, also found in the top menu band. Here's the part about Zoltan:
Zoltan Chivay is among the few who can consider themselves Geralt’s close friend. They met years ago and very much by accident, when Geralt, pursuing his destiny, was seeking Ciri, and Zoltan was looking for a fight and a chance to get rich. Amidst the turmoil of war, they saved each other’s skins many times, which transformed their chance acquaintance into a friendship that endures to this day. In breaks between bloody melees, Zoltan strives to cultivate beautiful dwarven traditions that include picking fights in taverns, losing his coin at cards, or getting drunk as if there was no tomorrow. Invariably curious about the world, Geralt has often joined in these rituals, usually regretting this the following morning, when a hangover obliterated any doubts as to what had happened the night before. Despite all, Geralt values Zoltan’s friendship as well as the edge of dwarf’s battleaxe, mindful that it is always better to wake up with a splitting headache than to wake with no head at all.
More information.

Doh, really is looking like we will have to play Geralt again. :(

Glad to know that TW2 subtitle is changed to "The Assassination of Kings". The former subtitle "Assassins of Kings" was confusing and sounded wrong..

Doh, really is looking like we will have to play Geralt again. :(

I'd be disappointed too if I didn't find that Gerald is pretty much my ideal RPG hero - from his abilities and attitude to even his looks. Seriously I find that very often I make Gerald wannabes/lookalikes in most RPGs if I can, even before I first played the Witcher! :biggrin:

Well it's not Geralt persay, it's more the concept of a RPG. It keeps distance from the player and the game world, your playing someone else, who has their own personality.

There are many better ways to be a more involved RPG, you could a new male or female Witcher, searching for or about something to do with Geralt if it HAS to be about him and his adventures.

I'm as much of a Geralt fan as the next geek, but I kinda agree w/ Ace. Would be an interesting angle to take on the whole thing to perhaps be another Witcher in the next age, seeking answers from the past (ie the chronicles of Geralt) or something of that nature.

A little more personalization is always a good thing imho too

Well... I don't think it's that much about 'geekiness' - by using a predefined character they have the chance to make a more focused and detailed story - since it doesn't need to 'adapt' to every possible character. + it's not like the first game was so much lighter on choices than many other RPGs (except in character development).

So I don't personally see that as a problem really: every RPG I can think of right now, except from the Witcher & PS:T, has user defined characters (I know someone could provide me with a long list but that wouldn't make much difference)... The 'different' approach is always of interest to me anyway, so the fact that Gerald is so well defined is a plus for me.

Back
Top Bottom