Diablo III refund.

This sounds... dubious. You could easily play the whole game within 30 days. Do they send cash back or just give you "Blizzard points" or some such?

I think I'll be calling them tomorrow. I really don't like the entire watered down MMO thing...

It wont hurt there pockets that's a fact. Millions of wow subscribers still earn them millions every month.

Given that you've played the game all the way to inferno, you've certainly played the game a lot for someone who hates it so much they need a refund out of principle. You've played more then most of the people I know who love the game.

As for the rule itself though, it seems very dubious. I complete almost every game that I play in less then 30 days. If that refund rule were real, I'd never have to pay for a single game. Probably someone on the Blizzard forums is trolling.

If anyone else hates DIII as much as I do, you can apparently get a refund within 30 days of purchase. Both online and digital purchases.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5639235628

I'll be shipping my copy on Monday.

it looks like Battle.net is down. Too bad, it would be interesting read if this is true or not.

Principle of the matter.

On principal, if you played the game all the way through or the majority of it, you shouldn't ask for a refund.

I'm with Lucky Day and fadedc: If you've actually reached Inferno level you must have spent quite a few hours on the game. Talking about refunds at this point is bloody hypocritical. Shame on you Drithius. :slap:

Don't blame Drithius for wanting to take advantage of a policy that Blizzard put down. A 30 day return policy for a video game is ridiculous imo. It should be 7-10 days max.

I don't think it's that bad. Sure he's played it a long time. But this game is designed like a MMO. The only way to see if a MMO is worth playing is getting to max lvl and playing end game.

I could kind of tell by playing the beta, hearing some of their "features", and looking at the classes that this game was probably going to be crap. I'm guessing most of the 6.5 million who bought the game didn't play the beta and didn't pay much attention to the release.

Personally, I was hoping the game would play more like the first Barb video we got where he was comboing a bunch of different abilities against mobs and bosses. I was hoping there would be different builds and incentives to use different abilities not have everything blindly scale to weapon damage. Instead they designed it more around clicking the left mouse button a ton while using the right button for a finisher and the other 4 keys on the keyboard for situational abilities.

I actually do agree here. I think it's unlikely that this policy is real, but if it is real, then we can't really blame anyone who wants to take advantage of it. If every game I bought said that it was fine for me to return them after 30 days of playing, then they would all go back. Though I wouldn't be claiming that it was a matter of principle.

Don't blame Drithius for wanting to take advantage of a policy that Blizzard put down. A 30 day return policy for a video game is ridiculous imo. It should be 7-10 days max.

Everything changes once you get to inferno. The gameplay is unbalanced, the classes are unbalanced. This is not considering the facts that the servers are constantly down and the boredom of the skills themselves.

I played D2 for years and I'm fed up with D3 after two weeks. So, yes, I'm on hold right now w/ Blizzard out of principle.

Regardless of my reasons, I mainly wanted to give people a heads-up.

The game becomes a chore without a group at the Hell difficulty, and I assume they want full groups taking on Inferno. Are you trying to solo Inferno and getting owned Drithius?

Playing on inferno is hardly required. D2 didn't have an inferno difficulty and people just hung around and farmed hell forever. Nothing stopping someone from doing that in D3. Blizzard made it very clear that inferno was not for everyone.

I don't think it's that bad. Sure he's played it a long time. But this game is designed like a MMO. The only way to see if a MMO is worth playing is getting to max lvl and playing end game.
I so totally disagree with this. I've played (and enjoyed) like 20 MMOs, and I think I've reached max level in 3 of them. I played EQ1 for like 3 years and never got to max level. City of Heroes I played for 2 years and only reached max level at the very end. Never got to max level in EQ2 or WoW or Star Trek Online or DDO or Vanguard or Age of Conan or Anarchy Online, etc. In fact, reaching max level to me means either create a new character, or play another game.

I so totally disagree with this. I've played (and enjoyed) like 20 MMOs, and I think I've reached max level in 3 of them. I played EQ1 for like 3 years and never got to max level. City of Heroes I played for 2 years and only reached max level at the very end. Never got to max level in EQ2 or WoW or Star Trek Online or DDO or Vanguard or Age of Conan or Anarchy Online, etc. In fact, reaching max level to me means either create a new character, or play another game.

... and I was afraid I was the only one. That is me exactly. Usually reaching max level means end of game or new character. Although I can often stretch it out if I have other things to do like crafting, exploring or the like. But for me the journey is far more entertaining then the destination. But I also lack the time, commitment, endurance, patience and motivation to raid or grind though endless dungeons just to increase my lewt ... so I can grind a higher version.

I have no plans on playing D3 beyond a couple of trips. One with a friend I am playing with as a barbarian, a solo adventure with a wizard ... and if motivated may try a monk.

In fact, reaching max level to me means either create a new character, or play another game.

Really? Don't know about all those other games but in Age of Conan certain areas and activities are exclusively for players with level 80. Out of whole Rise of Godslayer expansion only Gateway to Khitai area was accessible to lower levels.
So NO, reaching max level doesn't mean (at least in AoC) that you have to create a new char, or play another game.

In D3, reaching max level means you've played the entire game through at least three times, though.

wolfing was talking about MMOs darkling.

Back
Top Bottom