Fallout 4 - Thanks and Updates

You simply cannot compare the past three Fallout games to the first or second. It isn't even a contest, the first two blow the more recent three away, by a lot. The new ones are enjoyable in their own ways, but they pale in comparison.

Lol.
The truth is I played my pirated Fo4 for 1 more hour and just got reminded how bad the game is and got pissed because of it. Then I come here and see fanboys butt licking Todd ass in multiple topics. The Kotaku one blew my lid so yea I go on a rampage :D (although I went to Kotaku like 5 times in my whole life only when following links)

Hopefully Hard West patch for my bought GoG version comes soon so I can continue playing that.

I wonder if admitting you pirated the game is enough to get you banned from here...

People ignore you because you are generally not fun to quote or talk to not because you don't like the game.

You simply cannot compare the past three Fallout games to the first or second. It isn't even a contest, the first two blow the more recent three away, by a lot. The new ones are enjoyable in their own ways, but they pale in comparison.

The nostalgia is strong in you. ;)

Personally, I've enjoyed FO 3&4 more than I ever enjoyed the first two games.

I broke down and bought the game maybe ~5 days ago. Since then, I imagine I've played a total of an hour... it is so incredibly dull and feels nothing like a Fallout game. I'm half-tempted to simply play FNV again with some of the newly-released quest mods.

I wonder if admitting you pirated the game is enough to get you banned from here…

People ignore you because you are generally not fun to quote or talk to not because you don't like the game.
Lol.
And I talk like that because there is too many people like you here.
Lol at your post, I don't believe people like you exist outside the internet :p

As for being nice, I am nice enough when real RPGs are discussed. Except to Dart, who is full on trolling most of the time. Or Joxer who I called out for being twoface by saying shit vs EA but buying all their shitty games so he ignored me lol.
Some people just cannot face the truth, they rather live in their little box.

Let's see the first hour of Fallout…. You talk to an overseer who tells you to find a water chip and then you wander a cave killing rats. Good thing people gave it more time than that to see whether it was good or not. You have a total of about 13 places to visit in the whole game.

Fallout 4, you and your wife are getting ready in the morning for a normal day, while the tv is playing news about increasing troubles in the world. You spend a few minutes playing with your baby when a knock comes on the door. Your wife tells you that the Vault-Tec guy has been coming around every day, trying to sell an entrance into the new vault. You buy and suddenly all hell breaks loose as the war starts (unbelievably) a few minutes after buying safety. You enter the vault get a suit and then are told to enter a chamber for decontamination. This is really a cryogenic chamber and you are frozen for 200 years. When you awaken, you see your wife murdered and your child taken.

Yep, that original Fallout sounds amazing…..not.

Oh I agree Fo4 is more cinematic. But that is all.
And funny how you mention 13 places to visit except you forget to mention Fo4 only has 1 place - Diamond City. And it is about as large as one of the smaller of the 13 places in Fo1.

So yea, it is way more amazing for an RPG. And if you count so many random encounters in Fo1 to random encounters in Fo4 (every pointless area with 5-6 raiders is about equal to that) they have about same number or small places to visit.

And the funniest part is that you are comparing to a game so much older, one expects a game in 2015 to be superior in everything when it is not superior in much.

What are you even talking about? Only one place to visit with that being just Diamond City?

Have you even played the game?

I don't think the game is the second coming of a divine being either (thats Witcher 3) but the game is nothing like what you are describing.

Both are good in their own ways, but the new FOs are less of an RPG, more of a open world sandbox.. If you seriously prefer FO 3-4 to 1-2 , then you dont like RPGs as much .

What are you even talking about? Only one place to visit with that being just Diamond City?

Have you even played the game?

I don't think the game is the second coming of a divine being either (thats Witcher 3) but the game is nothing like what you are describing.
Yes I have although I only explored north part of the map. So south of Diamond City there are other places as big as Diamond City? Because North of it there is nothing.

Let's see the first hour of Fallout…. You talk to an overseer who tells you to find a water chip and then you wander a cave killing rats. Good thing people gave it more time than that to see whether it was good or not. You have a total of about 13 places to visit in the whole game.

Fallout 4, you and your wife are getting ready in the morning for a normal day, while the tv is playing news about increasing troubles in the world. You spend a few minutes playing with your baby when a knock comes on the door. Your wife tells you that the Vault-Tec guy has been coming around every day, trying to sell an entrance into the new vault. You buy and suddenly all hell breaks loose as the war starts (unbelievably) a few minutes after buying safety. You enter the vault get a suit and then are told to enter a chamber for decontamination. This is really a cryogenic chamber and you are frozen for 200 years. When you awaken, you see your wife murdered and your child taken.

Yep, that original Fallout sounds amazing…..not.

that FO4 premise you wrote is like a bad TV movie. FO1-2 atmosphere and setting blow it out of the water by far

Its not a rare example.. proper RPG game? in recent times? Wasteland 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Grimrock… FO4 is nice game on its own. Better than 3 but I just prefer the traditional charm so I play isometric Fallout 1 ,2 or Tactics. And I guess FO4's tons better than fkin Skyrim too, the last bethesda game. So I guess your right. Personally I like Crafting the most. MQ is fairly solid
I hear you and couldn't agree more.
The nostalgia is strong in you. ;)

Personally, I've enjoyed FO 3&4 more than I ever enjoyed the first two games.
FO3 could never come close to exagerrated sillynes and enormous pop culture references in FO1/2. If FO1/2 were made today, I'd still like them more than FO3. It's not about nostalgia, it's just about taste.
Yea, FO1/2 were not cut the story out and exploration oriented openworlds with endless trashmob respawns and grinding - once you cleared an area it remained "dead" till the end of the game. Lack of that annoying design crime, only added to the charm of old games.

Back
Top Bottom