Ama's Lullaby - A Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic RPG [WIP]

The game certainly looks interesting. Please keep updated about it from time to time.

After 8 months without any post here, I'd like to apologize for the lack of news. As you may suppose, we had some problems with the development of our game. The project was quite complex, with tactical combats, characters' health management... We have to admit that it was an awesome challenge for a small team. Even if we were really motivated, we had not enough free-time to work on Ama's Lullaby.

During some months (the whole team was dissolved), I had to step back and think about the project. Then, one nostalgic day I played the point & click game Blade Runner, and it reminded me why making an indie game was important to me. I had to go back to the essential, to focus on three important things: characters, scenario, atmosphere. We had to forget complex stuff, because we are just not experimented enough for that (and there is a long list of reasons to leave these ideas). I had to have more control on the development, to be able to make "un jeu d'auteur" (a "game d'auteur ? ", you know, like a film d'auteur, in French), with a more personal vision. I'm a 3D generalist artist and musician, but I didnt' know anything about programming for games. So I spent all my free time to learn the basics of C#, and I'm sure that in the future it will help me to find the good balance between the needs of the gameplay & the programming abilities. This is the strengh of author/indie games, you know, when the time and money budgets are very limited.

So, is there no futur for Ama? No way! I wrote a prologue to the Ama's Lullaby story, and it is the opportunity to try an other approach. Maybe some of you will be disappointed, because the post-apocalyptic/survival side is absent in this prologue, you'll find "only" a 100% cyberpunk tone.

Today, the modeling process has already begun. Here is a spaceship that has an important place in the story :

AmasLullaby_sshp2.jpg

More news to come in the future about the new gameplay and the story, stay tunned!

Thanks for the update ;)
Sorry to hear about the hard times in development, but no disappointment from me at any rate - it's a harsh world out there for indie devs, keep the spirit up. Looking forward to see where you go on with it from here :)

…and… is there a new or revamped website? Some sort of devlogs on the 'new' direction?

The old game looked like it had potential to be interesting, but disbanding, festering for c. 1y, and then suddenly popping up again with not much info and a handful a single model from a few angles of modls…

come on.

Hi there,

For those who were interested in the project, please note that I started again from scratch in a more modest version of the game, far more adequate for a first game development. If you wish to learn more about the new concept you can check out the page on Steam Greenlight for a first preview:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848587496&searchtext=

There will be much more information in a few days on Kickstarter. Sorry for resurrecting this old topic, but some of you wanted to be informed in case a crowdfunding happens.

Awesome! Had already assume this wasn't going to happen anymore, glad I was wrong =) Keep us updated ^^

This game ticks a lot of boxes for me, good luck with the kickstarter

Definitely looking forward to this. One question...is hacking anything similar to Uplink? Seems like a crossover between it and last Deus Ex.

Back
Top Bottom