Faery - Faery: Legends Of Avalon announced

Garrett

Watchdog
Focus Home and Spiders announced a new RPG/adventure game called Faery: Legends of Avalon. Here's the PR:
FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE AND SPIDERS UNVEIL "FAERY: LEGENDS OF AVALON"

We are very pleased to unveil with exclusive images the new game by Spiders studio: Faery: Legends of Avalon, for PlayStation® Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC download!

Faery: Legends of Avalon is a Role Playing / Adventure game packed with an original and unique atmosphere, and a graphics design close to illustration. The game immerses players in a fantasy world inhabited by many colourful characters and magical creatures.

In Faery: Legends of Avalon, the player plays as an elf or a fairy that will evolve during the story, through numerous quests and epic turn-based battles. Throughout the adventure, the player will customize his avatar thanks to a unique system changing not only the whole look of the character in every detail, but also its spells and special abilities!

The player will recruit various companions during his journey to assist him in his mission, and he will be given the chance to explore mythical places full of magic such as the World Tree, the famous 'Flying Dutchman' ghost ship, and many others, in order to try to understand why the Kingdom of Avalon is dying.
More information.

"PC download". Yuck.

Okay, the majority will be fine with it, to be fair ...

Another port of what ?

This is actually kind of nice. I'm glad we are (on the 360) getting RPGs in the Arcade. We need more of these kind of games.

This one looks generic, though. And an awful title.

"This one looks generic, though. And an awful title."

So a perfect console RPG eh? You should be happy.

you old grognard, get on with the times. Digital distribution is here to stay :) (and I like it!)

I just want to invent a kind of offline distribution system that is a slap into the face of the *normal* customer - not DRM-based, of course - like download only-istribution that is a slap into m face.

Something like ... sending via post only or so. On disquette.

I clearly admit that I'm far too conservative. And I admit that is is only my problem and no-one else's ... But *still* there also is a number of pople out thre who just don't have the appropriate internet connections for that (downloading full gmes, that is).

When EVERYONE's got a bradband connection, THEN I might withdraw completely, because might be the only one, then. ;)

(I'm not speaking of other countries. I on't know how the connections in different countries is. And whether broadband is common in let's say south america or in africa as well. About asia I'm pretty sure, because asia has lways been the spearhead of newest computer technology.)

I'm like a dinosaur, resisting of dying out. ;)

you old grognard, get on with the times. Digital distribution is here to stay :) (and I like it!)

Yes, DD won't go anywhere soon. But I like my physical copies, so I won't support DD as long as it is possible.

You know there are 48 flavors of gaming distribution.

I'm with Alrik. It's true that not everyone in the world has the necessay bandwidth/connection capabilities. Why not make a small plan for those folks. Also, I agree that a hard copy is definitely nicer. It certainly appeals to the collector in me.

This is actually kind of nice. I'm glad we are (on the 360) getting RPGs in the Arcade. We need more of these kind of games.

This one looks generic, though. And an awful title.
When looking at front page of forums the title attracted me as glue. I haven't read that many Light Fantasy nor play any faerie game (inn few you could make a faerie character but this hadn't any link with the story. After to have seen the graphics it's been a bit a disappointment. For me generic is now the Warcraft clones, D&D clones.

But flying RPG? Morrowind, but not really setup for that, other than that I don't remember. Flying RPG isn't a common game, it's very difficult to build a flying game because flying means destroying most obstacles. Another difficulty is that flying is fast, making exploration management very difficult. Also flying means more complicate controls. Not to mention all the troubles to manage the fights. If really something is achieved it can be a lot non generic from a game point of view. For the story that's another matter.

I've just taken a look at them : "Focus Home interactive" seems to be a middle-tier French publisher. They list Trackmania, Runaway and Blood Bowl. Probable about the same size as dtp, I guess.

But flying RPG? Morrowind, but not really setup for that, other than that I don't remember. Flying RPG isn't a common game, it's very difficult to build a flying game because flying means destroying most obstacles. Another difficulty is that flying is fast, making exploration management very difficult. Also flying means more complicate controls. Not to mention all the troubles to manage the fights. If really something is achieved it can be a lot non generic from a game point of view. For the story that's another matter.

I didn't realize you could fly in this game. I guess that's a good assumption, based on the title and main character (I mean, you do have wings and all), but I didn't see any in-flight scenes.

If you can fly, that's pretty cool. And you're right, it's not generic in that sense. Divinity 2 is the only RPG I can think of, where you can fly.

There is also a "flying game" out there (no RPG) with the name of "The I Of The Dragon".

This picture just popped into my mind :

Tiny, but well-equipped Fairies (Swords, Armor) are battling a giant monster ... A HUMAN ...

Me and Tigress have had our eye on this title for a while and it looks pretty good! thnks for the other previews Anderson

Back
Top Bottom