Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Walkthrough Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eidos has released a new walkthrough trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with writer Mary DeMarle showing three different approaches to the same scenario. She shows a gameplay segment using combat, then stealth, then "exploring to find alternative paths". It all looks pretty good but the yellow outline to show interactive objects sure is annoying.
More information.

Everybody is protesting against the highlight. It's too much hand-holding
Games nowadays are just so full of game aids. Damn consoles.

remember its a demo of a tutorial level and then there's always the possiblity that even if its in the whole game it will have an option to turn it off like most games these days that are multi platform

remember its a demo of a tutorial level and then there's always the possiblity that even if its in the whole game it will have an option to turn it off like most games these days that are multi platform

She specifically says its the first mission. She's just showing how it can be done.

The highlight is actually an augmentation you get for "free", from what I understand, you can't turn it off.

That and the 3rd person for climbing ladders make me suspicious of the game PC quality.

first mission=~tutorial mission
many games no longer have tuturiol missions but instead throw you into the fray for a more action pack start and instead insert game design in a way for it to play like a tutorial level. so yes we're both right eh;)

i don't know i thought the transition from 3rd to 1st and back again seemed natural and seemless especially the cover system. climbing the latters was a bit less natural but i hardly think that warrants fear over game quality.

also all the other deus ex games had the ability to turn of augmentations so even it doesn't require energy or the like i would imagine you should still be able to disable the "free" aug.

The object highlight is ridiculous and the way he the character looks around and moves through the levels feels very stiff (because it's played with a controller?). And alternate paths/approaches? Meh, not impressed. The whole thing seems too linear overall and honestly looks like a freaking bore to me. The more I see this game in action, the less I'm inclined to buy it. What a shame.

doesn't seem like it would be that dificult to add it as an option in the menu or somehow in game. i'm sure if enough people voice their opinions we could se it even pre-release and not an afterthefact patch.

Back
Top Bottom