Borderlands 2 - Game of the Year Edition Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it seems IGN was right as Gearbox has officially announced the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition.
2K and Gearbox Software today announced that the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition will be available on all platforms in North America on October 8, 2013 and internationally on October 11, 2013, in celebration of the success of Borderlands® 2. With the Borderlands 2 Season Pass now complete, this is the perfect opportunity to get all of its content as well as the base game, Premiere Club content, and more in one mayhem-filled package.

With the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition, players can experience every epic boss battle, increase the level for each of the six playable Vault Hunters, play all of the additional campaign content, and enjoy hundreds of hours of shoot-and-loot mayhem at an extraordinary value. The Game of the Year Edition contains over $100 of gameplay content for only $59.99 and specifically includes:

• Borderlands 2 Main Game
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
  • Creature Slaughter Dome
  • Premiere Club Content:
    • Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class
    • Gearbox Gun Pack
    • Golden Key
    • Vault Hunter's Relic
  • Krieg, the Psycho Character Class
  • Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
More information.

Which site awarded Borderlands2 with the GOTY title?
I don't have that game, but if it's so good that was recognized as GOTY, I'll buy GOTY version at least to support it's devs.

For what it does, it's a great game. Improves upon the original in every way. Still it's best played with friends - single player is not where the game shines.

I wonder if this means the end of the DLCs?

The Playstation Vita handheld is also getting a port of Borderlands 2 next year. This was announced during the GamesComm Sony presentation.

Wow, not a fan of this direction. I prefer the old system where GOTY meant that you had everything included.

Wasn't a fan of the first one, got it as a gift and thank goodness I didn't pay for it, nor have to request a refund!! Just not my kind of game, and not even close to being an rpg.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom