Good isometric RPGs with controller support?

Raze

Dragon Knight
Reposted from the Larian forum:
ForkTong said:
With Steam announcing their SteamBox, and other cloud-gaming platforms on the horizon, we were wondering if we should support controller input. Anyone have some good examples of top down RPGs with controller support?

Of course the challenge is to NOT change anything about gameplay and design, and interactivity, and to still cater for keyboard/mouse fans. We are well aware of that and do not want to make compromises.

Also, quoting Lar: "…if we put in controller support, there's no reason left why we shouldn't support the game on consoles. But, since putting in controller support is a lot of work, we're trying to figure out if there's a demand. And no, this is not an official announcement that the game will appear on consoles."

598466_572666182759718_1925643428_n.jpg

Sacred 2 have decent controller support so does new Xcom(or so I heard/read I didn't really try it since I prefer K+M wherever possible).
And no, this is not an official announcement that the game will appear on consoles.

LOL They know our worst fears:).

Sacred 2 have decent controller support so does new Xcom(or so I heard/read I didn't really try it since I prefer K+M wherever possible).

Yes but those games were for consoles also so controller support works.

LOL They know our worst fears.

Yes they do and they cover there ass by saying its not coming to consoles. We already know that. Maybe after the pc sales if people are hoping for it.

Of course they I haven't heard of any isometric PC exclusive games with controller support.And why would someone bother to put gamepad support into isometric PC game at all?

Look at Diablo and and a few rts games from the 90's. They were pc exclusives that were later made for a controller. I can't recall any new pc exclusives as most games are ports now.

Some people prefer to play games with a controller on the pc though I'm not one of them. Now with the steambox there is an opportunity to try new things.

Sacred 2 is a good top-down RPG for consoles. I'm playing now and find it to be great.

I don't see why Larian can't do controller support or release for the consoles. Of course there is a demand for it, it's an RPG. Especially coming from the company that did Divinity 2.

Yes, release it on consoles. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom