What games are you playing now?

LOL no.
Why would I play games on phones any more when Bluestacks works perfectly on PC?
True, I can't play iOS exclusives on PC, but android games all work with Bluestacks.

LOL no.
Why would I play games on phones any more when Bluestacks works perfectly on PC?
True, I can't play iOS exclusives on PC, but android games all work with Bluestacks.

I don't get why anyone would use an app meant for mobile on a desktop? I mean, they are cut-down versions almost always, so you'd be better off with a real PC version. And then you lose the only real purpose - portability. ??

I'd rather play games like Grim Fandango on the PC anyway ...

I just reached the second act in Might & Magic X, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it so far. It's the best first-person party-based game I've played since Wizardry 8.

Well, I've talked to the people I was sent out to talk to in Geneforge 2, and it looks like I have just over 1/4 of the map unexplored, so soon it will be time for me to pick a faction. I thought my choice would be simple, but then I talked to a special someone in the upper right corner of the map...

My EU4 game is shaping up nicely.

I had one really bad war against the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania which cut me down to size and stopped me from expanding for 10 years, but I'm back on my feet and allied to France has helped me a lot.

I have finally managed to become Emperor of the HRE and I am now in a war with the Commonwealth. My goal is to chop them in bits, but not take much territory for myself.

The idea is to just weaken them as much as possible.

I am thinking taking Crimea away from them as that's a massive chunk of land they would lose...

My warscore is now at 30%, but I need around 50% for that. So unless they come up with a stack of doom to destroy my army and and my allies' I would keep on going until my war exhaustion gets too high and provinces start rebelling.

Really good game.

I am thinking of buying some of the newer expansions after this game and try to play as something different.

Anyway, my primary goal has been achieved.

Ugh - overload! :D

So in addition to Grim Fandango,Dishonored and Divine Divinity/BG2/Gothic 2 ...

- Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) HD just launched on iPad ... so playing that.
- Exiles for iPad (from guys who did Ravensword) - looks decent, checking it out
- Woolfe - early access Steam game for PC, giving it a shot.

Too many great games :)

I just reached the second act in Might & Magic X, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it so far.
And txa is on Dishonored. Finally.
Should I put in my sig "what took you so long?". :D

I just reached the second act in Might & Magic X, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it so far. It's the best first-person party-based game I've played since Wizardry 8.
Don't feel bad if you struggle some in Act2. The game balance is a little off. As joxer says, tho... about time, mister, we told ya so!

I actually really loved MMX until I sort of ran out of steam, because it seemed to be all combat - and a slight bit of exploration.

Is there a good story in there, somewhere?

DA:I still for me. Plodding along. I spent the entire evening last night making the rounds through Skyhold after finishing Here Lies the Abyss, performing a judgement, exploring the improvements, and just chatting up companions and advisors in Skyhold. A stunning number of cut scenes and new friendship and romance operations were revealed. It was quite a lot, with zero combat involved (nice for a change). I am officially Sera's best new friend. Am surprised she ended up being the first fully developed friend. The cookie scene was cute.

I actually really loved MMX until I sort of ran out of steam, because it seemed to be all combat - and a slight bit of exploration.

Is there a good story in there, somewhere?
The MMX story is nothing special. It's not bad, just "routine". There is a good bit of "lore" tucked into the game that ties into the M&M and HoMM franchises, so there's some narrative with solid nostalgia value, but I don't know that you'd call that story.

The MMX story is nothing special. It's not bad, just "routine". There is a good bit of "lore" tucked into the game that ties into the M&M and HoMM franchises, so there's some narrative with solid nostalgia value, but I don't know that you'd call that story.

Ah, ok, kinda what I thought.

So, it's basically a combat simulator?

And txa is on Dishonored. Finally.
Should I put in my sig "what took you so long?". :D

haha ... yeah, so my gaming level has been pretty low the last couple of years - but it is picking up :)

It's nice to hear you're playing real games on real platforms occasionally :p

Totally :)

Thing is - even when doing more iOS gaming, it was almost entirely iPad, and I would much rather be playing something like KotOR or BG2 or a Spiderweb game or Bioshock or ... I think you get it. Basically - still playing the same games most of the time :)

Totally :)

Thing is - even when doing more iOS gaming, it was almost entirely iPad, and I would much rather be playing something like KotOR or BG2 or a Spiderweb game or Bioshock or … I think you get it. Basically - still playing the same games most of the time :)

So, real games on not so real platforms? ;)

Ah, ok, kinda what I thought.

So, it's basically a combat simulator?
Character development exercise via buttloads of combat. Not quite the same thing, but you're in the neighborhood.

Character development exercise via buttloads of combat. Not quite the same thing, but you're in the neighborhood.

Sure, I get it. What I thought.

Maybe I'll get around to it - but I usually need a bit more.

But thanks for info :)

It's possible my opinion could change before the end, but so far I think M&M X was one of the better RPGs released in 2014. I wish I had played it sooner.

I really need to give M&M X another go. I just didn't grab me when I tried it last, but maybe I just wasn't in the right mindset at the time.

Back
Top Bottom